Missing Grunts

(Omen's POV)

"Administrating Stim to pilot".

 The sound of some liquid can be softly herd as I awake, giving me a more lively jolt of energy.

 "Shenzi system analysis".

 While my titan was calibrating and analyzing its systems I was looking around my cockpit, making sure nothing came loose and looking for the reason I was knocked out upon impact. It didn't take long for me to find that it was my wingman elite pistol that knocked me out. I grabbed it and holstered it so I one, have it on me, and two, that not happen again.

"Systems optimal. Shielding functional and up. Hull has sustained minor damage from the fall, however hull is still optimal. Visual feed is currently offline". 

There was a slight pause before she continued.

"Pilot, scans report that the unidentified targets have warped in another ship. The direction of the ship suggests that it is coming to investigate the remains of the IMC Galaxy. I advise we move". 

The video feed returned once again allowing me to see as I took control of the chassis once again. I grab one of the many guns rail guns clipped to the wall of the titan bay and holstered it to the back of the titan. Whilst doing so I took the liberty of activating the AI chips in the other functional titans to which they all grabbed weapons off the wall, picking the ones available and choosing the ones that would work best with their chassis before leaving he bay to go meet up with their pilots or support the grunts. I smiled at myself as we left the bay and soon made it to the outside of the ship.

 "Hopefully those titans will be of use to support the ship and if they survive the defense then they will be of even more support of constructing the base" I had thought to myself. 

"Agreed pilot. I would recommend finding any stray landing pods of our soldiers and go collect them. It appears that some groups are already in combat with the unidentified alien military. I suggest using dash core to get to them faster" my titan has replied to the internal thought.

We began dashing around and sprinting to get to the various drop pods and escape boats that have been crashed landed, using their distress beacons to find their locations. The first group seemed to be fine along with a few bodies of the wildlife lay dead.

"Orders sir!?" the squad leader requested. 

"Regroup back at the ship. There should be makeshift fortifications already set up. Now hurry there and give our soldiers some assistance in repelling attackers. I am certain we will get some considering an unidentified hostile target has entered the planets atmosphere".

"Got it sir! Squad lets move out!" he yelled as they began jogging back in the direction of the IMC Galaxy's crash site.

I had Shenzi tune me into the radio chatter of some grunt teams to get an idea of what was going on. Everything seemed okay for the time being which was good. It made for an interesting trip to the next few pods until I came across the last one that I had needed to get to as search parties had found the others already.

"Shenzi, watch for movement." I had ordered to which my titan replied with a simple "Understood" as I got out her cockpit. I hopped onto the ground off her hand and began to look around seeing no one that was supposed to be here was. 

"Spent shell casings... blood splotches... helmets and guns with mags laying around yet.. no bodies" I thought to myself. Puzzled by what is around I grab what appears to be a squad captains helmet and examined it. 

"Nothing seems to be damaged aside from a few scuff marks.." I look for the head cam and pull its recording chip then put the chips in a chip storage pouch then I do the same to the other helmets, grabbing their chips. I begin to ponder what could have wiped out a squad without anyone noticing on the comms, despite the chaos, someone should have known.

"Pilot, I'm reading movement. Multiple small targets. I suggest embarking" my titan said to me breaking my train of thought.

"Its fine, we got what we need. Or at least what we need to figure out what happened" I had said embarking Shenzi before we dashed off back to our ship.

A/n: sorry for the really late post. I've been trying to talk to friends and find things to keep me interested in doing tasks. I hope you guys will still be interested in reading this even if you guys often have to wait an eternity and a half for such little amount per chapter. If I knew how to extend this chapter without being excessive then I would.