Memories

I stared ahead through my opened window. The rain had subsided and I can hear gentle tapping of raindrops against my window. These were my favorite kind of days which always brought a smile on my face. But now, just before I was happy with Krist, suddenly out of nowhere I got a brother, that too a twin brother.

I placed my hand outside the window, letting the soft droplets of water fall onto my palm. The coldness of the raindrops send a shiver into my body. My eyes started to become misty, I could feel a throbbing pain in my head, but I ignored it. Somehow, somewhere I felt as if I have been with Kongpob, my twin. I don't know what it is but there are blur pictures that came into my mind which makes my head pound.

There is a side of me somewhere that I am unaware of. Why did Kongpob say he was searching for me? Why did he apologize to me? Why did Arthit said I just can't remember him?

I closed my eyes tight, trying to remember something about Kongpob and me. The more I tried to think, the more I felt a sharp pain in my head.

"Always stay together boys, we will always be with you. Here, in your hearts."

My eyes wide opened as unrecognisable memories flashed inside me, my breath becoming raspy. I don't even know these are memories or just some clip that is playing inside my head.

My visions were blurr. The only thing I come out with was an accident and it was a woman's voice filling my head and I heard crying noises.

"Ahhh!" I groaned in pain.

"Singto, Kongpob, never leave each other's side. Never lose your strength to those greedy people."

I shook my head vigorously. I could feel my own breath becoming uneven. Strange voices and visions came into my mind as I clutched my head tight.

"Singto...."

My eyes shot open at the voice. Suddenly all the visions and voices blanked out of my head. I turned my head towards the door and I recognised Arthit standing there. If not for him wearing a spectacle it would be hard for me to recognise who is Krist and Arthit.

Thinking about that, my eyes shut as I remembered how I busted up to Krist. I regret doing it now. My emotions took over me this time.

"May I come in, Singto?" Arthit's soft voice interrupted me. Well, I can recognize Krist's voice from Arthit's. Krist didn't have such a stern voice.

"Of course, Arthit." I tried to smile at him.

Arthit walked towards me and leaned against the wall near the window.

"You okay now?" He asked, his voice was strong at the same time felt soft, unlike Krist's.

"I think so? I'm really sorry for my behaviour. I...I...I didn't know how to react. It might have hurt Kongpob," I apologized, my head hung low.

I heard Arthit chuckle, "You know? You and Kong are the same looking at this point. Kong always apologise or blame himself for the mistakes that he didn't even make. I now get what Krist told me about you."

I looked up at Arthit, he was smiling at me, his eyes looking straight at me through his glasses.

"You don't have to apologise, Singto. We can understand how you react, we had prepared ourselves for it."

I nodded my head hesitantly.

There were a few minutes of silence between us, and I could feel myself getting ready to ask him many questions that rushed through my mind.