"Honey, what pitches?"

Dan pulls out a revolver, aiming for  Robert, shock in Robert's eyes that he'd come armed.

"Dan,"
"Shut up!"

×××

Christian explains the events that lead to his father's murder. He was business partners with a man who was at loggerheads with him when their project was starting to take off. In my view, the man was envious of Christian's father and their plans working because of him. He then wanted his share of the profits even though the board apparently voted the majority shares go to Christian's father.

"It was after that incident that the entire family went through hell,my mother fell sick and my elder brother left the house to find Robert. By then, my sisters had to leave to my Nana and I couldn't go because I had exams. Eventually, Robert killed himself and the story ended. I... I can't even forgive him for what happened. Something like that could've been dealt with a different way or something,just something. I can't even forgive myself because I watched all that happen and watched my father die and did nothing ,"

We sit in silence again, and he holds my hand.

"It's ok not to say anything, it is alot to take in," he sighs.
"I know," I respond softly. I struggle to find the right words for this moment, and all I could do was embrace him.
"Let's not ruin your pampering session with my sappy memories," he gets up from the couch and I do the same.
"I'm glad you told me," I lace my fingers into his and give a hopeful smile.

-

"Hey Imani," Adrian welcomes me and gives me an outstretched hand.

"Hey," I sit across the work desk and wait for him to move from his laptop.

"I'm so glad we could talk- oh, and that you made time to meet me," he clears his throat.
"Well, this is about Kenya so sure," I give an assuring smile.
"Yes, um... I know you and her are the closest of friends, initially I wanted Hannah here as well but we all know 'Hannah'," we both laugh at his air quote.

I could understand his implication; Hannah is a loudmouth and if this is in any ways a secret then she'd by no means keep it that way. No disrespect to Hannah.

"I understand," I sigh," so what's this about?"
"I plan on having a little get together for her and I, before our wedding day, friends and family probably and then shower her with some gifts, y'know?" he smoulders.

"What, you think it's a bad thing?" I giggle.
"I just need your expertise in planning it, because you did an amazing job on Hannah's birthday," he grins.
"Why, thank you," I respond rather shocked by his compliment.
"So just tell me what you need for this, if you need anyone to help you whatsoever," he grabs a notepad from the corner of the desk and waits for my call.

"That shouldn't be a problem, Christian could help me," I shrug.
"Ah...,"
"Don't," I raise a hand to stop him.
"I didn't say anything," Adrian feigns surrender," Although-"
"Adrian," I drawl.
"I know you two are..." his fingers lace into each other, implying Christian and I's 'union'.
"He told you?" I sit upright at his expression.
"No, but you just did," he smirks.

"I knew he'd come around with this love thing, you two are quite the match,"
"What do you mean,' he'd come around'?"

Adrian clears his throat and stares at his desk, deep in thought.

"I really don't know if it's my place to tell you anything about him,"
"I know bits and pieces," I grin nervously.
"Well he'll have to tell you the entirety of it,"

What could he possibly not be telling me?

"Is this the whole 'Christian had a rough past relationship, making it difficult for him to love again' type of story ?" I air quote.
"What the fu- no," he chuckles," just let him tell you," the phone on his desk interupts him and he answers it quickly.

"Baby! Hey I was- you're downstairs?" Our eyes meet as I cover my mouth in astonishment.
"Sure, I'm in my office... Okay fine, bye,"

"She's coming," I giggle.
"Yes, you'll just find a way of telling her something that doesn't involve what we discussed," he winks at me.
"Got it," I wink back.

"He- Imani, what are you doing here?" Kenya approaches the desk and leans over to kiss Adrian.
"I'm just here to give Adrian some statements from Khale, he'll probably make a financial report or something," I grin.
"Ah, I see. Well, Adrian has to take me out tonight," she pats him on the shoulder.
"I do?"
"Adrian,"

"I'll just excuse y'all, let you do your thing," I give Kenya a cunning smile," see you on Friday?"
"Sure, babes. Bye," I walk out the door and then it clicked.

Hannah, Kenya and I had to have our own little party before Kenya gets married.
Darn it, now I have to tell Hannah!

×××

"I couldn't stop thinking about you all day, you know,"
"Is that so?" I smirk.
"Honest," his hand lands on mine while the other controlled the steering wheel," I want to take you to this amazing Italian restaurant which opened up recently,"

"You should just be Italian, get your name changed to Alfredo or something,"
"As in Alfredo sauce?" He chuckles.

Wow.

"You're being an idiot,"
"That makes two of us. Say, do you love ravioli?"

We walk into an Italian restaurant and order the famous ravioli which Christian spoke of for the rest of our drive. The place is quite packed, probably because it's happy hour.

"So, Adrian needs our help with organizing a little get-together for Kenya and himself," I explain while shifting in my seat to get comfortable.
"Oh?,"
"Yeah, but he didn't state the date so I'm assuming it's towards the day of the wedding,"
"Well, that shouldn't be a problem. We can have it in some backyard and just create a good atmosphere," he suggests, his eyes lowering to the menu card.
"Look at us, all focused about planning another event together," I give him a silly smile and he chuckles lightly.

"We make a great team, don't we?"
"We do," I give him my fist, and he stares at it curiously.
"Christian? Fist bump,"
"What?" He smiles.

I roll my eyes before he laughs, bringing his fist to mine.

"I was going to attack you," I frown just as my phone rings. I take it out and notice Noni as the caller ID.

Gee, I wonder what it could be this time?

________________________________