A Call

"Pearlie! Can you get the phone?"

Pearl placed her controller down and got up from her spot on the couch. "Yeah yeah."

Pearl reaches the phone and holds it up to her ear.

"Hello, Pearl Houzuki speaking."

"Hello? Oh my cod, thank cod they gave us the right number!"

Pearl frowned. "Uh who's this? Listen if your a fan, tracking down our numbers ain't cool. That's wrong and you can get cooked for this."

"Oh I'm not one of those fans! We spoke with your manager to get in contact with you."

"Uh we?"

Marina walked in the room, with Vian in her arms, as he giggled, playing with her tentacle. Marina looked at the inkling in question.

"Yes, my husband Link and I. We saw on TV that you had taken in our son, Vian."

Pearl froze and looked at Marina with wide eyes. "O-Oh yeah. Are you uh...Giger? Giner? Ginger? Right Ginger?"

"Yes Ginger Rollens! Thank you so much for taking care of our son. I hope he wasn't a hand full."

"Uh nope! He's a great kiddo."

"Wonderful! I know, in the note I said we couldn't care for him anymore but since our jobs have cut down our times, like we requested, we would like take him back. I'm sure you girls have a busy schedule and all! I do apologize for having to put such burden on you and Marina. Words can't express how thankful we are!"

Pearl felt her ink run cold and she barely listens to the words Ginger was saying.

They're ready to take Vian home? But... What was the point of...

"Miss Pearl? Are you still there?"

Pearl shook her head. "Y-Yeah I'm here! What was that you said?"

"It's alright! I asked if next Friday would be a good date to Meetup? To pick up Vian and everything."

Pearl bit her cheek to prevent herself from saying no so suddenly.

Saying no to his legal parents? That wasn't right. They have no choice...

"Of course... I don't think we have anything going on that day. I'll have to check with Mar."

"Okay! Thank you! Thank you so much!" And the call ended.

Pearl stood in place as she drops the phone back in it's original spot.

Marina frowned and stepped closer to the zoned out inkling. "Pearlie? Who was it?"

"Uhh..." Pearl replied. She sighs. "It was Vian's mom."

Marina stared at Pearl. Her tentacles began to curl up slightly at the tips. "Ginger? How did she-"

"She got it from our manager. Oh and by the way, remind me to go off on him tomorrow. Giving out our personal numbers like that. Oh I'm gonna cut him." Pearl grumbled, tapping her foot aganist the floor.

"I will. But what did she call for? Is it about Vian?" Marina asked. Vian looked up at the Octoling in question, as his name was heard.

"She said some stuff about their jobs giving them more free time and junk." Pearl said, rubbing her elbow. This is gonna suck...

"Okay but what does that got to do with us?"

Pearl let out a sigh. "They want Vian back. In like a week."

Marina felt her hearts stop as she slowly puts Vian down. Pearl watched her carefully as she stands back up to her height. The Octoling took in and let out some breaths before looking at Pearl again. Her face looked calm and collected but Pearl could what she was really feeling, just by how her tentacles were and her eyes.

"Uh 'Rina? You-"

Marina smiled. Seemed forced though. " Yep I'm good Pearlie! So next Friday? I'm sure we can make it then. That gives us plenty of time to get all his stuff together!"

Marina rambled on as her hands messed with each other and her face was slowly losing its calmness.

Pearl stepped forward and took Marina's dark hand into her lighter ones. "Marina! Calm down!"

Marina stood but doesn't say anything. Vian just sits there at the two idol's feet, wondering what was happening.

"Look... Stop with the facade. I can see it in your eyes and your tentacles for cod sake." Pearl gestures the moving tentacles. "I'm just as upset as you are.  I know what your thinking Marina. I want to as well but that will be wrong and you know that."

Pearl watched as Marina dropped her facade and her eyes brimmed with tears. Seeing this caused the inkling's own eyes to tear up as well.

"H-Hey stop that. E-Everythin' is gonna be okay, you hear." Pearl hugged the Octoling gently. "For a little while it won't but eventually it'll be okay." The rapper strokes the back of Marina's neck as the Octoling returned the embrace tightly.

Because of their height difference it was a little hard for Pearl but she didn't care.

"P-Pearlie... I don't wanna lose him."

"I know I know." Pearl hushed her. "I don't want to either but we have no choice." She paused to wipe her eye a bit and sniffle. "We got a week. Let's not spend that by crying and all that, aight? We both love the kid so let's give him the best week of his life!"
========================°========

Weird spot to end but it's okay!

My birthday is next week, on the 21. Turning 15 :P almost an adult wow.

Not only is it my birthday coming up, it's also baby Vian's too! Hes turning 1 :o

.... Actually he should be 2 but I totally forgot :')

Anyway Stay tuned!