You're family

Chapter 18: You're family

"Did you mean it Pearlie?" Marina quietly asked, as they sat in the studio room.

"Mean what?" Pearl looked up from Vian.

Marina's eyes were a bit moist but she had a smile on her face. "Did you mean it, when you said I was one of your closest family?"

Pearl felt her face slightly warm up as the Octoling looked at her. She cleared the lump in her throat. "I-I said it didn't I? Of course I meant it!"

When the inkling heard a soft sniffle, she looked up to see her partner in small tears, Pearl placed Vian in her chair, and walked around their round table to where the Octoling sat.

Showing this soft side of her was not an often thing. Especially in front of a giant window where fans would be looking.

Pearl placed her hand on the dark skinned idol's shoulder and smiled. "Marina, you are my family. That's why I'm able to show this side to you." She said.

Being the taller one at the moment, Pearl pulled the Octoling into a hug, pressing Marina's face into her shoulder, as she wrapped her arms around her neck.

Several moments later, she felt Marina return the hug, her dark arms wrapping around Pearl's small form.

Pearl was well aware of the fans at the window, but she could care less. They can take the pictures and videos all they want. Pearl was not gonna hide her affection for the Octoling.

Pearl slightly pulled back to look at the Octoling. " You may not be blood, but no matter what, you'll be apart of the Houzuki family."

"Thanks Pearlie" Marina smiled. "You're my family too."

Pearl patted the Octoling's shoulder once more before releasing their hug. Pearl bit back a whine as she felt the warmth leave her.

The idols look towards the window to see a whole bunch of cephalods watching them with their phones out. Pearl looked at Marina before looking back as she threw a peace sign towards the audience.
================================
Short but fluff. I just needed to get the feel of the story. The next chapter should bring it back on track.