Chapter 11: It's in their Blood

Start from the beginning

"I think they don't like me," I replied.

"Ganyan lang talaga 'yang mga 'yan, ate Demi. Just love what they love and just nod your head everytime they tell something, even if you're not agree with them. I'm sure they will love you," Alex said while taking a nibble of his bread. Narinig pala nito ang sinabi ko.

"Don't," Kuya Breydon said. "You guys are always tolerating those brats. That's why they grew up bearing those bad attitudes." I thought he was right. Well, Kuya Breydon talked like that because he was mature enough to see wrong things and he was the eldest among the cousins.

"Magtatakha pa ba kayo? Syempre mana ang mga 'yan kay Lo―" Napatigil si Sean dahil tinakpan ni Kuya Brayden ang Bibig niya.

"Be careful of your words, kid, if you don't want to see yourself planting seeds beneath the sun."

"I'm just telling the truth. Palibhasa, kalahi ni'yo kasing dalawa ni Storm si Lolo Max," Sean said when Kuya Breyden let go of him. Nagpigil ako ng tawa dahil doon. He was too blunt.

"Alright. I'm guilty," sabi naman ni Storm. That was why they all laugh and I also let myself laugh.

"How did you befriend Storm, Kirbs? Weren't he rude to you?" Sean asked Kirby who was just listening to their conversation like me.

"Storm is nice, though," Kirby replied.

"Woah!" they all exclaimed in surprise. Storm just shrugged and fixed his eyes on the television. He didn't talk anymore.

"Kuya Breyden, you should be nice, too," Sean told Breyden.

"I'm nice. You just don't see it because you're nicer than me," cool lang na sabi ni Kuya Breyden. Sean just shrugged.

"Demi, were you and Storm classmates since highschool?" Kuya Breydon asked me.

I nodded my head.

"But you two are going to study in college, right? What course are you going to take?"

"A medical course, Pharmacy."

"That's nice. You and Storm will be a perfect match if he is going to continue his dream to be a doctor," he said and then tapped Storm's shoulder.

"I'm not gonna take a medical course. Dad wants me to take business course," Storm said. I stared at him and it was obvious that he didn't like his father's idea but he needed to obey whether he liked it or not. Well, Storm was the heir of his father's company so he couldn't escape.

Kuya Breydon had a long conversation with me. He was very smart and intelligent. I learned a lot from him about the course that I was going to take. He also took a medical course and was still studying. He was soon to be a doctor. That was why he was very happy when he heard from me that I was taking a medical course.

After my conversation with Kuya Breydon, Storm was ordered to water Lolo Max's planted flowers in the garden so I came with him. I was surprised that he accepted the order or his grandfather. Who would have thought that Storm could be a gardener?

"Are you okay?" I asked Storm while he was watering the flowers using the hose. "Why don't you just tell to Tito Travis that you really want to be a doctor and that's your biggest dream?"

"I'm okay," tipid lang na sabi niya.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Ngumuso ako. "Sabagay, ang gusto mo nga pala ay maging great drummer."

I heard him chuckle. "Yeah."