4

*song of the day*
WAY DOWN WE GO - KALEO

I took a glass out of the cabinet and poured my water

I took a glass out of the cabinet and poured my water. William went back to cooking, hopefully for me. After scrutinizing him for a few minutes I asked him, "what's the matter? I may not question much but I do notice something off in you. Don't bother to lie to me, I can see through them. Tell me"

He turned around and all the traces of playfulness vanished from his face. The problem was serious. He seemed reluctant to tell me but I raised my one-brow daring him to defy me.

After a few moments of deciding he spoke, " I saw him there."

It was quite, too quite and I was calm, too calm. I clenched and unclenched my jaw many times, my body was taut. Not a single muscle moved. " are you sure it was him? You know he has gone into hiding since three years ago."

" I can recognize that bastard even from a mile distance. It was him. I am sure of this but before I could react he disappeared into the crowd." He said with an angry expression on his face. His disappointment was clear in his voice.

"Seems like the rat is out of it's bill now. Finally we have some lead on him. Did you investigate his presence in France?"

" I did. My men did some work and we got to know that he was there on a business deal and he has changed his name. I have James following him and keeping track of him." He told me in a proud tone. Even I was impressed with this progress.

I felt my lips curling into a sinister grin. A menacing expression formed on my face. He cannot hide for longer now I thought. My Lycan was humming in pleasure on the thought of ripping him to pieces. Soon, very soon I reminded her.

"....anyway I have prepared Lasagna for you" William's voice broke me out of my reverie. I inhaled the delicious smell of the dish and complimented, " smells....tasty"

A huge grin formed on his face, he reminded me of that Cheshire cat. " It is tasty after all it is made by chef William" he said egoistically. I made a face as if to say 'really?' he got the memo.

"Okay, okay go and get fresh while I serve this with your expensive red wine bottle. Man, I have been wanting to open that bottle for so long." He said dreamingly.

"seriously? Wine in the middle of the day? Aren't you suppose to be working right now? If you report to work drunk again and create a nuisance I will fire you. Vice -chairman or not I don't give a damn" I seethed.

"calm your tits women. Geez, you are always looking for ways to fire me. A bottle of wine is not going to make me drunk out of my mind. Don't worry you won't lose a valuable employee so soon'' he calmly replied to me while raising his both hands in surrender.

"you better keep your words. I don't want a repeat of that act''

Lunch went bearable. Throughout the lunch, William irritated me with his questions about my first day and if I made any friend. What was that dude even thinking while asking me those questions. He seemed to forget that I am older than him and far more experienced in these kind of act. He looked ridiculous trying to act all superior and parent-like in front of me.

William went back to the headquarters after lunch claiming that he does have some work other than ogling at beautiful women. I may never admit it but his presence made me feel less lonely in this house. He makes it lively by making obscene jokes about his apparent masculinity.

This house is so familiar to me yet I could never feel secure here. The sense of belongingness which I once felt here has disappeared like the people who made me feel it. This is just the reminiscent of what it used to.

Reaching my bedroom my gaze fell on the frames on my bedside table. I saw her picture with me which William had taken some twenty years back. I looked happy, content with my life. Who knew that all it took was a little bit carelessness on my part to lose it all.

Lose them all.

Don't forget to vote and comment!Love,Deepshikha

Love,
Deepshikha