To Alessia

How can I describe this moment? I approached you, I was hopeful, and deliberate. I felt like I couldn't miss a step. As I got closer I got more relaxed and I took a deep breath. I tried to calm myself but I wasn't truly calm yet.

I told you how I loved your music and how you were such a big inspiration. I told you how you were the person I'd collaborate with out of anyone in the music industry. I felt generic but I meant it, and you listened. What I said didn't matter as much as how I felt in that moment though, I felt like you cared. This was the reason why your eyes calmed me. I felt like I had your attention but more. You were really listening.

I felt like there was something about it so unique and overwhelmingly natural. It was real and pure, I was even a little confused as I spoke to you because of it. It wasn't something I can remember getting from someone before. It was all in your eyes though, and your eyes were so beautiful. Yes the color of your eyes is nice, but it was the gaze that was beautiful. It's such a hard thing to explain.

Now, there's a chance I was just hyper aware in that moment because of my nerves. Maybe you really do just have pretty eyes and it caught me off guard because I never really paid attention. But I don't think so. I'm really self aware, I know it wasn't that simple.

I think in that moment I realized how special you are. I mean beyond the music, the awards, the talent, everything. Those things are all superficial to me honestly. I met a real Alessia Cara in that moment and she was beautiful. Her spirit was beautiful. I said it before, if our eyes are the window to our soul I saw a peaceful and pleasant place inside yours. I saw a reflection of what I was giving you back to me. I knew how I felt in that moment and I was glad to receive it back. That's special.

It's something I can look back on and appreciate.

After all of this I finally followed you on social medias. I sent TONS of messages on Twitter hoping you'll check the notifications in your DM's 😂. Big regret btw. If you ever read this, keep that in mind 😂.

I made remixes, reactions, and reviews to your music on Youtube and I tapped in with your fan base. I would be lying if I said a part of that wasn't to grow my own audience, of course it was. Another part of it was because I'm a fan of you and not just the music. But the most important part was out of my desire to meet you again. I really did all of that to get your attention. I even write this now hoping it gets your attention, so we can really have a conversation. I just hope I can meet you again with more time to talk, because I have a lot to say.

That's it, that's the story.