Chapter 13

"So, about this 'Peter Pan' character..."

- - -

"Well, it explains Klarion's whole 'favor' business, at least," Zatanna said, shaking her head at the fading image. "Never thought I'd see the kid enjoy himself in something that wasn't chaos and destruction, but hey, learn something new every day."

The room was tense and quiet, Zatanna's comment doing nothing to cut it. She sighed, shaking her head slightly.

The group carefully ignored Klarion's thoughts on Superman, even if big blue himself was looking guiltily at the floor. Zee glanced at Cyborg. "Victor, why don't you tell us just how you found out?" she asked, glancing around. "It'll save a lot of batglares and awkward silence."

Victor shook his head. "You'll probably see it. No point," he replied.

"What do you mean--"

"--there's no point!" Billy's voice interrupted Batman's gruff voice, seemingly finishing the man's sentence. The kid was hanging from the top of a swing set, hoisting himself up to sit on top of the metal bar while Darla swung on one swing, and Freddy sat on the other. 

"I mean, its a hypothetical situation, right? There's no point in worrying yourself sick over it," he said, kicking his legs and looking down at the blonde.

"Okay, but I still wanna know what you think," Freddy replied with sass.

Billy sighed, glancing up before looking back down at the pair. "Superman's fast, but Flash's entire thing is speed. Like, his branding is 'the fastest guy alive' or something. Supes is fast, but I don't think he could catch a literal speedster."

"And here I thought you'd be singing Superman's praises," Freddy chuckled, leaning back in the swing. Billy shrugged, his smile faltering. Freddy frowned at this but kept the conversation going. 

"Okay, well what about that new guy? Captain Marvel? He looks just as fast as Supes."

Billy smiled, breathing a laugh through his nose. "I mean... I think he could beat Superman in a race, no problem. Flash, he might be able to keep up, but I'm not sure if he could actually beat him..." he trailed off, his gaze becoming thinking.

"I think him and Superman should arm wrestle," Darla said, still swinging. "If Cap can lift a car like no one's business, he can probably beat Superman in arm wrestling!"

Billy rubbed the back of his neck, the tips of his ears tinging pink. "Well I dunno about that..." he trailed off, slipping backward and hanging upside down from the pole by his legs. 

"What else you got, Freeman?"