Chapter 11

"And you kept this from us?" Superman said, his brows furrowed as he stared into Victor's eyes.

He just nodded in response.

- - -

"How could you keep something so vital from us?" Diana said, anger flaring in her eyes as she went to draw her sword.

"Diana, no. Cyborg is not your enemy." Batman said, glaring at the Amazonian until she took her hand off the hilt of her blade. He sighed, turning his attention back towards Victor. 

"You've known that Captain Marvel was a child for two years...and you've said nothing," he said, his voice carefully neutral.

Victor nodded. It wasn't his secret to tell. "And I'd do it again."

"You watched him put himself, as well as potentially us and hundreds of civilians in danger, and said nothing?"

"You've seen for yourself that Cap isn't incompetent," Victor replied, careful to keep his frustration out of his voice.

"Guys," Flash said, pointing out another scene that began to materialize.

"This discussion isn't over," Bruce said to Cyborg before turning his attention to the memory. Victor just sighed.

The scene that developed around them was one of Billy and John Constantine in the House of Mystery, John instructing on how to do some kind of spell. 

"You're connected to this element, kid. Lightning flows through your veins. If you can't learn to control it when you're like this, you can get overloaded in your other form. 'S probably why you felt tired after shockin' that metallic bloke durin' your bout the other day." John said, shoving a hand in his pocket.

"Focus on the sack of rice, and will the electricity in the air to fry that thing," he instructed, pulling out a cigarette and taking a step back. Billy nodded, putting his arms out and concentrating on the burlap sack in the middle of what looked like a storage room.

"fulgur percutiens!" Billy said, gritting his teeth as electricity danced about his fingertips. The boy's hair stood on end from the static and John's cigarette suddenly lit but the meager lightning flickered before suddenly dying out, leaving the burlap sack unscathed. 

"It didn't do anyth--" Billy said, glancing at John, only to find him smirking and holding up the lit cigarette.

"If nothin' else, you make a right fine lighter," the blonde said with a smirk. Billy chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Golly mister, that's always been a real dream of mine," he said sarcastically. Victor smiled-- BIlly must be comfortable around John. He was hardly ever sarcastic around those he didn't trust, but it was common if the kid was comfortable around you.