Dammit!

With a heavy heart, I speak to Dazai in a sad tone.

"T-Tell Master that I admire him greatly!"

I hang up the phone and sigh in disappointment.

"This is fine." I try to reassure myself. "I'm a public service agent afterall."

"I've never seen an agent so excited with a silly face like yours, Kuniki-san."

I freeze when I heard the voice.

"Shi..."

I quickly look over my shoulder to find no one standing behind me. I fully turn and look both ways to see no one but the passengers going onto the train.

What?

"I could have sworn I heard her voice."

I look around a few more times.

"Maybe I'm just hearing things."

"Can you take this suit case to the station manager's office?"

Huh?

I look over to see a man in a black coat handing off a metal suitcase to a little girl with short, orange hair.

I couldn't see the man's face, however. He was wearing a hood.

"Sure." the little girl happily agrees. "Leave it to me."

As I watch, Tanizaki's words from earlier replay in my head.

"A bomber plans to hand off a suitcase with a bomb inside to a passerby...and detonate it."

The girl starts to walk away with the case in hand.

Crap!

I quickly run towards the man.

"Hold it!"

He simply jumps onto another set of rails and runs off.

Dammit! I can't chase him. I have to get the bomb out of here first.

"Hey, shorty!"

The girl stops as she gets annoyed.

"Shorty? You'd better not be talkin' about me!"

As she turns around to yell, I snatch the case out of her hands as I run by.

"Theif!" she calls after me.

I just ignore her as I open the case up. Inside was a timer set to thirty seconds. That's how long I got till this thing blows.

"Dammit!"

I rush up the stares and out the station.

"Get down, everyone!"

Once outside, I threw the case high into the air.

There, it explodes, scaring everyone around.

Taking my phone out, I dial the police station. Once they answer, I give them orders.

"Send Forensics over to the station's fifth exit, below the overhead walkway."

I hang up and address the crowd around me.

"Calm down, everyone." I say while holding up my badge. "I'm Kunikida, of the Armed Detective Agency. The city police will arrive soon. Please cooperate with the investigation."

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"It's highly likely he's a serial bomber. Call the MP too, just in case."

"Understood."

I'm currently back underground, talking to the train conductor to warn him. I look over to see the little girl sitting off to the side, looking so disappointed.

I should see if she's okay.

"Excuse me."

I make my way over to her.

"That was horrible, huh? The city police will come to keep you safe soon."

"He'll have hell to pay... That scoundrel!"

Now pissed, she grabs me by my ponytail and starts to drag me off somewhere.

"Ow!"

"I'm gonna bring him to justice!"

"Hey, don't pull my hair!"

She stops and lets go as she faces me.