Ch.3 Distractions

~~~~Kunikida's P.O.V.~~~~

I'm currently walking the streets of Yokohama, heading for the train station.

From the way I was walking, you could tell I was a man on a mission. I have no time to be distracted, especially not from that idiot Dazai.

Stopping in front of the entrance to the underground station, I lift my sleeve up and look down at my watch.

"The train departs at 10:47. I have 2 minutes and 15 seconds left to walk... Just as planned."

I enter and walk down the stairs to the platform. Once there, I wait.

"The train will arrive on platform two shortly." the announcer announces over the speakers hanging from the ceiling. "Please be careful."

"If I miss this train, today's schedule will be ruined." I think to myself.

I can't afford that to happen.

*Ring*

I take my cell phone out of my pocket to see who's calling. I glare at the screen as a picture of a cartoon Dazai hanging flashes on it.

Taking a second to calm my nerves, I answer the phone.

"What is it, Dazai? You can't stop me today except for a matter of utmost priority."

"Sorry to call you when you're so busy, but you've got a visitor."

"Visitor?"

"The man who makes your diaries."

What...? There's no way...

"The legendary diary maker..."

I'm suddenly overcome with feeling of excitement.

"Master Carlisle?!"

"That's right!"

I start pacing back and forward with joy.

"He heard that you use his diaries lovingly, so he came all the way to visit before returning to Europe."

"What? Is this a dream?"

"Nope."

"Got it! I'll be right back! Make sure you're not rude to him-"

"The train is arriving on platform two now."

The voice of the announcer stops me dead in my tracks. I slowly turn my head was the train reaches to it's stop.

"Dazai, you're way too evil."

"Oh, please. All I did was offer you a choice. Choose your plan, or choose Master Carlisle. Either way, you'll be happy! So, what will you do?"

Not being able to keep my explosive anger in check, I yell at the phone.

"You bastard!"

"The doors are about the close." the announcer speaks.