Chapter Eight - The First Hunt

#8 The First Hunt

“Look I know that you’re not happy about this...” you stood in the doorway with your eyes pinned to the man in front of you.

“Oh, that’s an understatement” Dean stood with his back to you as he packed the final bag for your trip. You had won the argument with Gabriel and Castiel already by your side, and even Sam and Bobby coming round eventually. Though Dean would not shift. He was a stubborn child sometimes and you had a feeling that there were a lot more of these disagreements to come.

“I promised that I wouldn’t leave your side and I’m not going to. Just don’t treat me like a damn child” you could feel anger rising inside you.

Dean stopped what he was doing and turned to you, “I’m not trying to baby you it’s just...”

“What?” you questioned.

“You mean more to me than you think,” he turned back to the black duffel bag on the bed and began to zip it up “Forget it.”

“What the hell, Dean?” your anger didn’t disperse in the slightest.

“I said forget it, okay?” he turned, slinging the bag over his shoulder before walking past you, out of the door without another word. You stared for a moment. He was so infuriating. You had wondered how you had even gone this short time without wringing his neck. You let out a heavy sigh before scooping your belongings up and following him down the stairs. Bobby, Castiel and Gabriel were gathered in the living room, though Sam and Dean were nowhere to be found so you guessed that they were out packing the car.

You looked towards Bobby who offered you a smile as he stepped forward and wrapped his thick arms around you, “You come back in one piece, okay?” he muttered in his harsh tone.

“I will, Bobby” you reassured. As he released you, you turned to Castiel. You knew that the angel wasn’t too big on showing affection. You had come to learn that it was not that he didn’t want to, but rather that he simply did not know how. You walked over to him next and wrapped your arms around him tightly, his immediate reaction was to tense his entire body.

“I’ll see you soon Cas” you smiled into his tense shoulder as he stiffly patted your back in return.

“Take this with you,” he offered his angel blade to you again as you pulled back “You seemed to be pretty good with it.”

You smiled gratefully as you took it from his hand and slotted it into the place between your jeans and your leather belt.

“Thanks Cas” you gave him another quick squeeze before heading for the door.

“What? No love for ol’ Gabe?” you heard Gabriel’s complaints.

You looked over your shoulder as your reply came out plainly, “No.”

You stepped outside into the cool air and spotted the Winchesters by the car, waiting. Your eyes glanced over Dean before finding and settling on Sam. You offered him a smile which he returned as he took a few steps toward you. You noticed a brown paper bag in his hand, half tucked behind his back.