The ship was an average size, maybe slightly shorter than a royal navy ship. It was a light brown and had a bunch of random graffiti paintings all over it. The sails where much taller than an average navy ship, but then again they had other ways of making the ships go faster. But in all honesty, the ship intrigued you and was very different from any other ship you’ve seen before. 

You watched as your father waited at the end of the dock for the passengers to depart the ship. A man walked down a wooden plank that led down to the docks. You stared at the man.

He looked so different. He was captivating. 

He might not have been the best looking, but he was to you. More men left the ship, equally captivating and unique looking. You’ve never seen anyone like them before. You could assume most royals would’ve called them trashy looking, but not to you. Where did they come from?

Your father was talking to the first man the exited the ship, which you assumed was the leader. You ducked down and watched as your father walked and talked to the man. They headed towards the castle and you made sure none of them saw you. 

You thought for a moment realized you had already excused yourself from the table, maybe you could get away with leaving completely? It was worth a shot. You found your way around the rose walls and avoided the center at all costs. You eventually got back into the castle but, of course, you were stopped by Abbi and another maid.

“Princess (Y/N), since your wedding will be in a week, we were requested to help with your wedding dress.” 

You sighed and rolled your eyes. “Don’t remind me.” Abbi and the other maid led you to a small mirrored room with a round platform in the middle. You were made to stand on the platform as they both picked out several white dresses and stuffed you into them relentlessly. 

Hours passed of trying on stupid frilly white dresses that all looked like someone died in them. It was now mid-afternoon and you were growing more irritated by the minute. 

“Oh, I love this one!” Abbi said excitedly. You looked at the dress in the mirror. Your face looked disgusted.

The dress looked so old. It was a once-white lace, turned an awkward dull brown-yellow. It had capped sleeves that lead down the long sleeves. The gown itself was just normal poof of the same gross old lace. It was hideous. 

“Let’s go get the queen!” Abbi and the other maid nodded in agreement and they both left the room, leaving you alone. Bad choice. You unwrapped your sword from the red dress that you tried to hide when you took it off and put it back around your waist. 

You peeked your head out the door and quickly made your way down the hall. Zach would be the only one who would understand and could help you get out of this disgusting thing of fabric. Making your way around halls, you head towns the training yard where the knights would be training. 

Going down some stairs, you arrived at ground level with pillar supporting the castle above. The training yard was opened up the see the sky above but was still blocked by the castle walls to see the ocean. You walked behind one of the pillars and watched for Zach. Sure enough, the tall male was taking on knight almost half his size.

Within seconds, the smaller knight was knocked on his ass. You stifled a laugh. He had no chance against Zach. He set down his weapon and took off his helmet, shaky out his longer then average hair. 

“Zach.” You stated, hoping he’d hear you. He looked over in your direction and made his way over.

“Hey (Y/N)- Woah, what the hell are you wearing?” He asked observing you. You sighed in annoyance. “My wedding dress apparently.”

“Wedding dress?”

“Yup. My parents decided to have me be wed in a week.”

“A week!?”

“That was my reaction too. Could you do me a favor and cut this damn thing off me?” You asked with pleading eyes. You looked past Zach to see a lot of the other knights leaving the yard and going back into the castle.

“Yeah sure. Come here.” As the final few knights were leaving, Zach and you walked over the where his sword was. He picked it up and you turned around. The sharp blade cut off the laces holding it on. You pulled the sleeves off and let it drop around your ankles. Your outfit from last night was still on so you weren’t naked or anything, but it was the layers of clothes were getting uncomfortable.

You got your sword off from the dress and put it back around your waist. You sighed with relief to finally not be in tight clothing. 

“Happy?”

“Kinda. It’s nice not being in those tight rags but my parents are seriously going to have me be married in a week!? A fucking week!?!?”

“Hey, language princess.”

“I don’t give a shit! I’m not being married to some ugly ass bastard in a week.”

“Wanna fight out your anger?” Zach questioned you with a smirk. You sigh and kinda smiled. You started to draw your sword but you were stopped when a long bang sounded through the air. 

It sounded like an explosion. 

It came from outside the castle. Were you being attacked? You and Zach shared a glance. “We should go check that out,” Zach stated quickly and you both took off running towards the noise. Unaware of the figures watching you both from above.