Chapter 25 - Final

Start from the beginning

"1"

"RAISE YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD," an authoritative voice speaks out clearly. 

Suddenly, a group of armed policemen surround the scene, guns all aimed at Mr and Mrs Jeon.

Mr and Mrs Jeon freeze on the stop, eyes widened. "W-what."

"Mr Jeon Do Hyun and Mrs Jeon Ji Woo, you are under arrest,  you have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney." 

Ji Woo screams, her face reddening with anger. "WHAT IS THIS?!" The police instructs her to calm down as they lead her into the vehicle with handcuffs. Do Hyun stares at his surroundings like a lost puppy, the once fierce lion now resembling a mere mouse caught in a trap. The police start leading him towards the car but then suddenly he jumps out of their grip, a frantic expression written all over his face. 

The next few movements are so sudden, so unexpected yet everything seems to play out in slow motion. 

The old man grabs onto the gun in your hand, despite the handcuffs clawing at his wrists. 

He raises the gun towards Jungkook, who stands like a deer caught in the headlights. 

"JUNGKOOK, WATCH OUT," you scream while jumping in front of the boy. 

You push the boy down onto the ground, toppling onto his form. You hear the whiz of the bullet fly past your heads and pierce into a wall. 

Your heartbeat fluctuates as your head spins, the rush of events subdues your mind. 

"Grab him!" a police officer yells from behind you. 

You can hear the yells of the old man as he is captured again. 

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS!" he yells to you, his last words before entering the police car. 

You pant heavily, only now realising that you are crushing Jungkook with your weight. You gentle push off him but continue laying on the ground. 

Jungkook stares at you, wide-eyed. "Y-Y/N, y-you could have got shot-"

You tightly embrace the brunette, nuzzling your head into the crook of his shoulder. "I'm sorry Jungkook. I-I promise I w-was never going to h-hurt you. P-please don't hate me."

You feel your heart sink at the image of Jungkook's eyes filled with betrayal. "I'm sorry," you whisper pathetically before the mental and physical exhaustion takes a toll and you drift off into unconsciousness.

~

You can hear the light rumble of a car as you wake up. You open your tired eyes to realise that the warm pillow you were resting on is actually Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook offers you a sweet smile, one that melts the hard walls of anxiety that surrounds your heart. "I'm not mad," he says softly, already answering your unasked question. 

You stare at the boy as he frowns, his hands reaching up to gently stroke your hair. "Although I do have a lot of questions." 

You sigh deeply, knowing that you have a lot of explaining to do. 

"Well..." 

~

Maybe working for so long wasn't an amazing idea.

Your headaches, your back feels numb, your eyes are dry but...

but maybe it was worth it.

Because one, it got your mind off the certain event that happened earlier.

and two, you found out some very crucial evidence.