Chapter 3 - Planet Chimeara [Edited]

Su Jin pov:

The wall was not much support for me as I limped through the dimly lit corridors and up a stairway with one hand over the throbbing wound of my torso. Sweat trickled down the sides of my face with every step I took from the agonizing pain I felt coursing through my body. I paused for a moment on the stairs to breathe and quell the burning in my lungs and then pushed on, hoping that I would find the exit to the outside soon.

It was not much later that I did reach an opening from which I could see sunlight coming in. I stepped through it and onto an enormous open courtyard of sorts, squinting my eyes at rue bright but warm sunlight that kissed my skin. With a deep inhale, I stepped to the parapet wall so I could look out into the distance to find out where I was.

I was not too surprised by what I saw - right in front of me was a large, muddly lake with a backdrop of a dense forest. The vegetation appeared odd though, uncommon in a way, very different from any sort of forest I had seen before even in pictures.

Surely this wasn't the Amazon Rainforest - the possibility of that had crossed my mind only for a moment but seemed impossible now. Besides, surely such a large building could not be built in the middle of a forest. It was unusual to say the least.

A sudden searing pain the shot through my body had me gasping before I fell to my knees with my eyes closed.

"Oh my gosh, are you alright?" I heard somwone ask in a worried voice and wrap their arm around my shoulders. Opening my eyes, I looked to the person who had come to help me - it was the same girl who had spoken to me earlier, and she was looking over me with an expression of worry.

There was not much strength in my attempt to push her away from me while I said, "Leave me alone."

"Well, excuse me for worrying!" she retorted in irk before letting me go.

"What is this place?" I asked whilst standing up with a stumble. I took support of the parapet to prevent from falling again.

The sound of two pairs of footsteps reached me and I glanced back at the opening through which I had stepped out, at the silver-haired guy I now knew was called Thor who answered my question, "You are on Planet Chimaera of the Balkan System."

"What? The Balkan System?" I repeated with a deep frown coming to my lips.

While Thor was gazing into the distance with a distant look in his eyes, the dark-haired man was watching me with suspicion swirling in his eyes.

"I wouldn't blame you if you're surprised. Most people don't know that this planet exists. Criminals and traitors are usually sent here," Thor added whilst glancing at me. "What did you do to get sent here?"

"I didn't do anything! I always did what they told me to, what I was ordered to! I've always been loyal and faithful!" I defended, though he only laughed softly, as I'm unbelieving of my words.

"Don't yell at him! You should be thankful that he saved you!" the girl hollered again - her attitude was beginning to annoy me but I just ignored her.

"I was merely asking - you don't have to tell us if you don't want to. But now that you're here, there's nothing you can do to change your situation. You have to get used to life here."

My gaze shifted to the stone floor, my brows deeply furrowed and many questions racing through my mind.

Why was I on a planet in the Balkan System? What had happened to Tae Hyun? Who had sent me here?

All of this was crazy and unbelievable!

"This is unbelievable," I mumbled, only to feel the states of the three who didn't understand my words.