Chapter 2 - Unknown Lands [Edited]

Guy in the picture is Tae Hyun.

~~~~~~~~~~

Su Jin Pov:

Tea Hyun and I walked at a comfortable pace through the moderately crowded streets to the cafe where we were to meet Grace and her cousin. There was less than s week left before Tae Hyun's and Grace's wedding and we were all excited. I was glad that Tae Hyun was finally finding happiness in his life, happiness that he deserved.

Our walk was silent, mostly because of me. I walked with my hands in my pockets whilst gazing ay the sky, the passing vehicles, and all the other things around us in content.

"You haven't changed at all since the first time I met you," said Tae Hyun, gazing at me with a kind smile.

I returned it with mild amuse and said, "Old habits die hard."

He chuckled at my words with a shake of his head but said nothing more. It was just a few moments later that we reached the cafe. Grace and Mi Jin waved from the table at which they sat and we joined them.

"What took you two so long?" asked Grace, a slight pout coming to her lips.

"Ah, sorry, that's my fault. I was walking a bit slowly," I apologized.

"That's alright," she replied with a bright smile. "So, what do you two want to eat? We should order."

We all looked through the menu before ordering what we wanted to eat. In the time we had gonqait fornour food to come out, we settled into lighthearted conversations.

"By the way, have you heard? They're doing a new research on one of the planets of the Balkan star system. I heard it's something about plant growth and harvest in just a month!" Grace said.

Everyone knew of the Balkan System, a set of planets artificially created for human population to thrive. The thought of it had me sighing - we jad already polluted Earth, we were now polluting the universe by creating artificial planets to support life and, in turn, polluting those planets too. I didn't like talking about the Balkan System so I usually remained quiet and merely listened to what the other said about it. Grace had always had an interest in the Balkan System so when the topic started, it was hard to change it.

My disinterest for the topic was far more than usual today so I tuned out what the others spoke of it, all until Grace said, "I wish I could visit those planets! It would such an amazing experience, don't you think?"

"Is that really what you think, Grace?" I mused with a soft chuckle. "Why would anyone want to visit a lifeless planet, thays nothing to be proud of?"

"What's not to be proud? Technology has advanced so much that we can create or own ecosystems.I would love to see it," she answered. I merely shook my head, for there was no real point in trying to argue with her or prove my point. She wouldn't change her mind about the Balkan System no matter who said what about it.

We didn't get to speak more of it since the food we had ordered arrived and we dig in. We spent a couple of hours in the cafe, all while discussing about the final shopping and preparation we had to do for the wedding, and even went out for some shopping too. We all dispersed after that, with Tae Hyun and I heading home after getting ourselves some take-out food for dinner from a drive-thru restaurant. I parked our car in the garage before we headed inside our home.

"Why don't you wash up first, Tae Hyun-ah? I'll heat our food and we can have dinner after you're done," I said.

"Alright, I'll be back in just a bit," he agreed and headed to the second floor to wash up.