Chapter 19 - Family

Thor pov:

"Now this is what you call a vacation!" Heon Woo said in an excited tone. I noticed Jin roll her eyes at him as he didn't bother waiting for the rest of us and was the first to jump into the ocean water. The rest of us caught up and stood close to the ocean, letting the cool waves caress our feet.

"This is really nice." I commented as I reached out to hold Jin's hand in mine. She didn't hesitate to hold me back in a firm grip as she turned to me with a smile.

"Yeah....it feels so calm now." I couldn't stop myself from brushing her cheek with the back of my fingers as I looked into her eyes.

"Oi you two lovebirds!! Get your asses in the water! It's so cool!" Heon Woo called out from a good ten feet away and Jin chuckled again.

"C'mon Thor, lets go. Or else Heon Woo isn't going to stop yelling at us." She pulled me with her and we dove into the water. Just as Heon Woo said, the water felt amazing in this weather.

It has been about a week since we got to Earth. I have to say that Earth is really amazing. Even though it's a lot more underdeveloped in comparison to most planets in the Balkan System, its still a very nice place. Jin had explained how some things worked here including the seasons, the transport, and the basic lifestyle. Most of the people here were friendly and spoke to us well.

We had spent quite a long time on the day we arrived explaining what had happened to us to the two brothers. Well, Dawn and Jin did most of the explaining and the three of us sat silently just listening to their conversation. They were really shocked hearing the details of the Balkan System and knowing that the three of us were originally from there too. We kept getting strange looks for the next two days but we were accepted and treated fondly nonetheless.

They soon got used to having us around and whenever they were with us, they spoke in English so we could understand. We had learnt a few words of the language here. But it was difficult and it would take us a few years to get a full fluent hold on the language.

The day after we arrived, Jin had gone off on her own to take care of something. Dawn had told us that she had gone to her previous workplace to find out the reason why they were sent to Chimaera. I was anxious until she had returned thinking of all the possible ways she could get hurt for asking a forbidden question and actually returning here. But when she came back, I was surprised to hear that the precious head of her job had some underground influence that caused them to do forbidden experiments.

That had apologized to Jin and given all of us identity proofs so we could live like normal citizens on Earth. She no longer had to work as an assassin and I could see that she was glad for that.

After that, the two brothers had helped us rent out a small house just a two minute walk away from where they lived. Apparently it belonged to one of their friends and had no tenants at the moment. It wasn't a big place....it was just a moderately sized hall with an attached bathroom and kitchen. It also had a backyard with different kinds of plants, the name of most of which I don't remember.

Since there was only one big hall, we all had mattresses to sleep on usually rolled up in one corner of the hall. During the night, we would spread them out on the floor and sleep there together. It was homely with Jin sleeping between me and Dawn, Tiz on my other side and Heiza next to her.

We had also gone out to buy clothes and Jin and Dawn had been the ones to pick out clothes for all of us. We didn't get many clothes because we had to suffice with whatever money the Woo brothers had given to us. I honestly still cant get their names....Su Jin seems to be the only one that's easy to remember and pronounce.