Chapter 18 - Home

Heiza pov:

Amazing. Earth was amazing. Even more so than what I had seen on the hologram!

Everything was real. The trees, the sky, the people, the air....nothing was created artificially. We were sitting on something that Jin had called a truck. We sat on vegetables....real natural vegetables that was being transported. The sky above was dark with a moon and millions of stars visible. Everything was....real.

In one way, I was glad that I didn't give up on what Jin said. She was telling the truth all long but people from the Balkan System who controlled it never knew that Earth was still intact. The news they had got was that Earth had been annihilated by a meteor. But I can barely believe my eyes and ears as I took in everything around me.

"This is amazing, Jin. Even though everything here is natural like on Chimaera, something is just so.....real." Thor too was looking around amazed as we passed by trees and grassy areas. Not much was visible in the distance because it was night, but it was good enough to figure out that we were not hallucinating on what we saw.

We all looked at Jin who was lying down on one of the many transport bags filled with vegetables. Her eyes were closed, her breathing strained yet deep. She was sweating a bit too.

Thor's gaze softened as he watched her. He reached out and moved away some of her hair that was sticking to the side of her face. She leaned into his touch and moaned, scrunching up her face.

"She must be exhausted." Dawn said in a soft voice.

"Yeah....she's been running around a lot. And with a wound like that when it hasn't even healed yet. Now that I think about it, its been just five days since she got hurt....she's not in any condition to be doing everything she did till now." Thor moved closer to her and brought her head into his lap gently. He continued to caress her head and speak without looking away from her for even a second.

"That's just like her." Dawn too was looking at her with a smile. "She's rough on the outside but when it comes to protecting people, it doesn't matter what condition she is in herself. She'll do whatever it takes to make sure others are safe. She always pushes herself past her limit. No matter how much I worry, she just wont change."

"I cant disagree with you on that." I said smiling myself. "I have seen on many occasions that she values other people much more than herself. In a way, I have to say that Thor and Jin are lucky to have met each other. They've helped each other in their own ways."

We broke into a light laugh, the whole atmosphere being so serene. Although, Tiz was sitting away from us looking at the distance lost in thought. Excusing myself from the current group discussion, I made my way over to her.

"Hey Tiz, are you doing okay?" I took a seat beside her and gazed at the distance as well.

She sighed deeply. "I guess....I'm yet to accept that Thor chose Jin over me. I looked at him and no one else all this time....I loved him more than anything else in the world. But it looks like Jin is the one he decided to love more than anything in the world....I guess I finally have to give up on him."

I could understand how Tiz felt. After all, she had given up her place in the female Ring just to be with Thor. Everything she did until now was for Thor's sake. But in the end, Thor chose Jin.

Its not something that could be controlled though. In one way, I too was drawn to Jin. She was strong, physically and mentally. She had some sort of strength that made her stand out from the rest. She was beautiful too with a small face, her dark hair framing it and a lean body. Thor was probably drawn to her beauty at first. Being a man, its something that I too would look for in a woman I wanted to be with. But as Jin opened up about her past and her true nature, Thor's love for her became deep.