'Leave before we make you.' I dont want to be here either

I walk in the doors of school and people stop and stare, some throw things at me and I just keep my head down walking to my locker. As I reach my locker, i fiddle with the lock and a hand bangs it hard and it opens. I turn qickly to see who it is and find the blond girl there.

"Having a bit of trouble, are we?" She asks giving me the same smile she gave me in maths on my first day.

I chuckle and say, "Was." I throw my books in my locker and pull of a note hanging on the door of my locker. It says, 'leave this place before we make you'. Honestly, I don't what to be here as much as you don't want me here, so you'll just have to live with it like I am. I scrunch it up and tuck it into my pocket. Pretending like what I just read, never happened, I zip up my bag and walk off. I hear footsteps behind me and a hand pulls on my arm which makes me stop. What does she want? "Yeah?" I wonder as I stare at her green orbs.

She giggles at me before saying, "Umm...Maths is that way." She says pointing to the opposite direction. Oh right...I knew that, no I didn't.

She pulls me down the hallway and it's like she doesn't even notice people staring. I mean is she blind. What is she doing hanging out with me? What is she playing at? Am I dreaming? I think I'm dreaming. We walk into maths and take our seats next to each other at the back. Maths goes by fine until the Mr pickles, picks me to answer the question. I stare at the board and I start bouncing my leg up and down under my desk, feeling nervous. I don't know what the answer is. Kids in the class are staring and I...I don't...I don't know. This is where I say it. I give them I ne more reason for people to judge me. People are always judging, no matter what you do, so just do whatever you want. This is where I... Ow! I look at the blond haired girl and see her looking at me with her book angled with the number 21 written on it. She nods her head towards it.

"Brooklyn?" Asks, Mr pickles, pointing to the qestion on the board.

And thats when I understand why she wrote 21. It was the answer. "21, sir." I say straight away.

What she had just done to me had shown me that nice people still live in this world. Nice people still exstist and I smile at that thought. I rip a piece of paper out of my book and write, 'Thank you' with a smiley face under it, before throwing it on her desk and waiting for her to read it. She picked it up and read it and smiled while writing something on it. She throws it back to me and it says, 'Any time' with what I presume is her name 'Annie' written after. And that's how I found my best friend.