The Enemy

Steve's POV

She was not only an agent but she knew how to fight too. This must be the fact because she had a suit of her own. Her smile never left her face as she kept staring at the shocked expression on my face through the mirror.

"Aren't you an Agent?" I asked.

She nodded her head taking off her mask making her shoulder length hair fall back to its original place.

"Well, supposedly I had some super abilities too, so I just put them into use" she replied.

There were many questions in my mind. More than there should be. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it immediately, deciding against it.

"I know you have questions Captain...but it's not the time" she said looking at the clock in the room. It was ten at night.

Her hands moved her way to her pockets.

"We would surely solve this in the morning" she added before leaving. Her boots making noises against the hard , cider smelling wooden floor of the room.

I took of my mask too and dropped it on the bed. I scanned my reflection in the mirror.

The feeling of nostalgia filling my heart as my eyes went and landed on the shield held tightly in my hands.

Holding it up I let my free hand trace the cool metallic object, more memories flooded my mind. I cannot term them as nostalgia. They were  more than that to me.

"I would like to meet Mr Stark"

I turned to the blonde girl sitting in front of me. She was pretty fair with her hair reaching upto the crook of her neck . Her legs were crossed one over the another and placed on the top of the table she was supposed to work on. She was reading a newspaper, but did not even care to look at me and reply.

"He is in his office" she simply stated. Her ignorance kind of annoyed me but I did not let it get the better of me. I stood there. Silent.

After sometime she shut the newspaper and looked at me.

"  Of course, You are welcome to wait" she said pointing to the seat nearby with her newspaper. I nodded and sat down.
Giving a tug to my uniform.

"Aren't you Captain America?, I read about what you did."

She was talking about the mission. It felt so good to be appreciated on that.

"I just did, what needed to be done"

"But it seemed more than that, you save nearly four hundred American soldiers from the HYDRA" She said. My cheeks had a tinge of pink.

I was just a kid from Brooklyn, never thought I would reach to this level. Nevertheless I kept my facade of humbleness and answered.

"It was nothing...rather it was my duty"  I smiled, a mistake I made. She gave a pat on her thigh and got up from her place. She then stood in front of me her legs crossed.

"Oh no, not at all, it can't be so easily brushed off Captain. You owe a thanks from their wives" she said. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Wait...they were married? I mean, they seemed so young...are you...anyways, it was nothing at all...." Before I could speak I felt her face inches away from mine as her hand went up to my tie.

"I don't care if they had any, I can see you already want one" she pulled me by my tie making me rise from my feet and wrapped her hands around my neck pressing her lips to mine. It was such an unexpected incident and the way she portrayed it, would make anyone feel , I , was the one to push her against the wall and kiss her.