part four. (updated)

We arrive at Ben's house, throwing our bikes down on his lawn. Everyone's beginning to walk inside but I stop, noticing Patrick's mom stapling a piece of paper to the lamppost. It isn't hard to guess what the piece of paper says but I hope I am going to be wrong.

"Y/N, are you coming?" Eddie calls to me from the porch steps.

"Yeah, one minute," I reply before jogging over to the place Mrs. Hockstetter stood only moments ago. I wish I am stunned to see the MISSING poster attached to the wooden pole however, it seems like murders and missing kids are the new normal.

"Y/N, what is-" Eddie stops himself as he looks at the piece of paper in front of us. "He's gone too?"

"Yeah, why can't we live in Disneyland?" I huff.

"Why do you need a prince?" Eddie asks and then suddenly becomes flustered.

"No I can save myself but your welcome to apply for the position," I wink as I walk over to Ben's house. Walking up the stairs, I hear Eddie take a puff from his inhaler before catching up to me.

"Cool, huh?" Ben asks as we enter his room with wide eyes. My brother replies, "No, not cool at all."

"What's that?" Stan asks as Eddie and I walk over to the large maps hanging on the wall. Ben begins to explain, "A charter for Derry's township, Derry started as a beaver trapping camp."

"It still is, am i right boys?" Richie says putting his hand up for a high five before dropping it unsuccessfully. Ben continues, "91 people signed it but they all disappeared without a trace."

"All of them?" I ask.

"Wait you're telling me the entire camp disappeared?" Eddie says with a wavering voice as Ben nods before replying, "The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house."

Eddie takes another puff from his inhaler, at this rate he'll need a new one everyday. "Hey," I coo, "calm down, this was ages ago."

"You said it yourself though, a murderer could be walking around Derry!" He whisper yells so no one hears our conversation.

"Well if there is, i'll tell him to stay away from the pretty boy with two fanny packs."

He takes another puff from his inhaler and I just laugh. He's such a dork, a cute one though.
Turning around, I see Ben looking at something with a pleading face. It was then I notice the giant 'New kids on the block' poster hanging on the door, I smirk as Bev shuts the door and Ben lets out a grateful sigh.

"Tozier two," my brother says pointing at me with finger guns. I laugh, "If i'm two, what are you? because your certainly not number one."

"I am totally number one," he replies putting his hand over his heart as if he is hurt, "I am the oldest."

"By 14 minutes and yet, I'm more mature," I reply.

"I'm more handsome," he smirks.

"Than who?" I question.

"Everyone in this room," he replies with a 'duh' tone.

"Sure..." I laugh.

"At least i'm not small, you're even smaller than Eddie," Ritchie grins.

"Too far Tozier," I mock and pretend to be hurt.

"Dinner time?" he finally asks and I agree realising it is already past 5pm. We say goodbye to everyone and cycle home.

After dinner I go up to my room and sit on my bed listening to the Beatles. "Oh please, say to me. You'll let me be your man..." I hum to myself whilst sorting through my CDs. Richie comes in and lie across the bottom of my bed, I look up at him but he didn't say anything so I continue looking through the CDs.

"What are your thoughts on Eddie?" he asks which makes me stop sorting through my music.

"What do you mean?" I quiz.

"What do you think about Eddie?" he asks again.

"I don't think about him." I lie.

"I think he likes you," Richie says, making butterflies form in my stomach.

"...Does that annoy you?" I ask.

"No, I thought it would but no."

A smile forms on my face as I look down at my hand and play with my ring. However, the smile slowly fades from my face as Richie begins talking again, "My problems with you."

"W-What?" I stutter.

"Always hanging around with us now, trying to flirt with Eddie. He would never like someone as pathetic as you, it would be too embarrassing with all the rumours about you," he scoffs, "My psychotic, annoying sister..."

I'm shocked and devastated, speechless in fact as he gets up. He looks at me with angry eyes and walks out my room without another word. The door clicks shut and hot tears begin to pool in my eyes, eventually falling down my cheeks. Pathetic? Psychotic? My own brother feels this way about me, my twin that's supposed to be there for me. I shake the bad thoughts out of my head and try to focus on other things. Not letting Richie ruin the rest of my day, I run a bath and pour in lavender bubble bath. The hot water relaxes the tension in my muscles as all thoughts of kidnappings, crushes and brothers drift away slowly.

hope you're enjoying the book! Also check out my story about Stanley Uris. Please vote