part fourteen. (updated)

Pennywise is gone or at least we hope it is. Summer's finally coming to an end and we'll be going back to school within the next few weeks. Bev is leaving, perhaps for the best, to live with another relative whilst the rest of us stay in Derry. We all walk to the quarry and sit on the grassy bank in a circle, no-one knows what to say. There isn't enough words to describe and comprehend what we all went through.

"T-Tell us about your dream Bev," Bill finally speaks up, "it's alright."

"I can only remember parts, I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like," She explains, "I saw us, all of us, in the system, but we were older, like our parents ages." 

"W-What were we all doing there?" Bill asks but she can't remember, just the feeling that comes along with it. Bill looks to the ground and begins to fiddle with a piece of broken glass. He stares at it for a moment before standing up and addressing us, "Swear it. S-Swear if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back, we'll come back too."

I'm the first to stand, nodding in agreement. Stan stands next followed by Eddie and Richie. The other stand up and silently agree to the promise. Bill slices our hands, one by one, creating a blood oath that will last forever. Our hands join, we look around and stare at each other admiringly. We are the losers club.

Stan's the first to drop his hands and look at Bill, "I hate you." It isn't long before both boys are laughing and hugging each other before Stan's departure.

Mike left next and then it's Eddie, Richie and I. We say goodbye, I make sure to give Bev an extra long hug before walking back through the forest trail.

We arrive at Eddie's house and his mother stands at the door, he looks at me and smiles whilst Richie and I stare in confusion. She walks over to me and a million thoughts run through my head, "Thanks for making my Eddie bear happy."

"Oh..." I say taken aback, "it's okay, he makes me happy too."

She smiles and starts talking to my brother while Eddie pulls me away from the two of them.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you too Eddie."

He pulls me into a hug and kisses the side of my head, "I'll see you in a few days... if i can last that long."

I laugh, "Well I can't wait that last that long, i'll see you tomorrow."

"Night pretty girl," he smiles.

"Night pretty boy."

I hope you enjoyed the book! I also have a book about Stanley Uris so please check it out. Please vote