part three. (updated)

The sun penetrates my grey curtains, causing me to roll over and stare mindlessly at my alarm clock. 08:46. I groa, you've got to be kidding me.

"Sweetie?" my dad opens my door, probably heading off to work, "you're awake, good. Remember to go and pick up your prescription from the pharmacy."

"Yeah I will," I mumble from beneath my duvet.

The pharmacy opens at 9am and we all planned to meet at the quarry around noon. Richie was most likely going to sleep in for another hour and then meet up with his friends so I decided I was going to go out for a drink at a cafe instead of have breakfast at home, perhaps I'll see if Beverly wants to come as well. I got changed into a nice summer dress and washed my face before heading downstairs.

The pharmacy opens at 9am and we all planned to meet at the Quarry around noon, giving me three hours to kill. I know that Richie will be asleep for the next hour or two so I decide to treat myself to a nice breakfast at a local cafe. Getting changed into a nice summer dress, I then head downstairs and make some pancakes for Richie to have later since he is basically useless in the kitchen.

Walking down the street, the sun is already hot despite it being only 9am. A few kids ride past me with ice cream dripping down their hands as they try to cycle one handed. The bell above the pharmacy door rings as I enter, to my surprise Eddie is standing at the counter having a small argument with Greta.

"I really need that prescription!" Eddie rushes out.

"Sorry, I don't speak to losers." Greta spits before going back to filing her nails.

"Oh really?" I cut in. Greta stands upright, suddenly very tense as she looks me in the eyes unsure of what to say. I laugh at how pathetic she is, "Piss off to the back and go get Eddie and I's prescriptions."

She nods, walking away quickly whilst Eddie takes a puff from his inhaler, "Wow."

"At least I take your breath away," I smile. He suddenly turns red and looks down at the ground. Fuck, he's cute.

"W-Well you do l-look really pre-pretty..." he stutters causing me to blush. Me blushing? All of a sudden, my stomach growls in need of food. Eddie furrows his eyebrows, "Have you eaten?"

"No, I was going to eat at a cafe while I'm out," I explain, clutching my stomach slightly.

"Oh... okay," Eddie replies slightly awkwardly. I smile at him, "You're welcome to join."

I grin as Eddie agrees to join me for breakfast. Out of all of Richie's friends, he's probably my favourite. Greta comes back with our medicine in white bags, she doesn't say a word as she hands us the bags. I glare at her slightly before walking out with Eddie and up the street to a cafe.

"I'm so glad Mr. Keene wasn't there," I laugh as we sit down at a table outside. Eddie passes me a menu before replying, "Yeah... he looked at you weirdly yesterday."

"He does that all the time," I explain.

"That's no way to treat a pretty girl," Eddie blushes.

"Thanks pretty boy," I smile before scanning the cake section.

Eddie tries to pay for everything however, I refuse. We eventually decide that I'll buy the drinks whilst Eddie buys two cakes for us: Carrot cake for him and chocolate cake for me.

"I can't believe i've never been here before," he smiles, looking around at the tables with dainty flowers on top.

"I work here," I reply nonchalantly whilst biting into my cake.