Side Stories: Our Life Then and Now

Start from the beginning

Before, it was a distant wish. Now, it has become reality. She knows that her path will be perilous, but she also knows that God will always guide her.

- Hours later after the ceremony... -

Janna: "Alyssa!!!" Someone from behind Alyssa yells. Alyssa knows what's going to happen next but she was too little too late as the energetic blonde tackled Alyssa from behind, although she barely managed to stay standing.

Alyssa: "Janna-! Urgh!" Alyssa exclaims as she tries to pry the blonde off. "This is hardly the time and place for this!" Alyssa tells Janna.

Janna: "What do you mean? This is the perfect time for this! Although I do question if this is the place..." Janna replies, although Alyssa ignores her and continues to pry her off.

Alyssa: "Janna, get off me! You're too heavy!" Alyssa say. Janna gets off Alyssa's back and glares at her.

Janna: "What do you mean I'm heavy!? Are you saying that I'm fat!?" Janna exclaims while pouting.

Alyssa: "No, I'm saying that you in your full suit of armor isn't the lightest thing for me to carry." Alyssa calmly explains as she dusts herself off while Janna continues to pout. Alyssa looks at Janna, but notices someone wearing what seems to be golden armor approaching them.

???: "Alyssa Tigris and Janna Goldfire. A pleasure to make your acquaintance in this new path we shall take." The Warden in gold says to them. His tone comes off as that of a confident man.

Janna: "Hello, fellow Warden!" The blonde lady cheerfully greets the Warden.

Alyssa: "Indeed, my friend. Before anything else, may you tell us your name?" Alyssa says to the Warden in gold.

???: "Yes, of course. We must know each other's names if we are to work together in serving the people." He clears his throat before responding. "My name is Julius Salavander. Again, a pleasure to meet you." He introduces.

Alyssa: "It's good to meet a fellow Warden, Sir Salavander."

Salavander: "Please, call me Julius. I must say that you two fine maidens must be prized by your kin for your magnificent beauties." Julius comments, or more like flirts with the two females. Janna simply lets out a silent "oh" with a small tint of red gracing her cheeks, although Alyssa is much more overt in her reaction.

Alyssa: "Oh, really now? Don't tell me you're going to be one of those scumbags who only looks at women's bosoms." Alyssa questions while crossing her arms.

Salavander: "Ha ha! You need not to worry, Lady Tigris. Unless the right time comes, it won't happen. Not from me, at least." The blonde male replies to her.

Janna: "Well, that's good, because I if I remember correctly, last time one tried to flirt with her, the guy went back to his bed with broken fingers." Janna comments, causing Julius to sweatdrop at that revelation.

Salavander: "So that's why Hamman couldn't hold his weapon for a month..." The blonde male comments.

Izetta Lorderius: (Narrating) "From how it was described to me, it was peaceful times. At least, as peaceful as it can get in a place where war is just one step from exploding. The elders expressed their longing for those times to return, regardless of how brief they were."

Later, a select few of the new Wardens were invited by the House of Lorderius to their manor to celebrate their new appointment. Most of them were friends and relatives, but some were invited anyways or their friends brought them.