LIKE A BUTTERFLY INTO A VENUS FLYTRAP

ONE MORE THING FAUNTLEROY MAXIMUS Slayberry really really hates is starving fridges. Fridges founded on a fifty dollar budget and still barely stacked with the right stuff.

Cracking the cramps out of his fingers, Leroi cringingly dives into the fridge and browses every nook and cranny while unbothered about the fangs of cold digging into his sweat pores. He needs anything right now, any fucking thing to distract his mentals from going actual mental. And he finds a strawberry pudding with sprinkles and ginger spicing. Well, isn't that just cheaply peachy.

Leroi yawns before plugging his mouth shut with a gigantic spoon dripping with fruity confectionery and the chill runs down his throat, he moans in response. Now this is life. The kind of life he wants to live in.

Nixon is sat at the far end of the dining table, arms folded and eyes cast to the linoleum. He still looks shaken out of his skin, poor boy has probably never seen anything like that in his innocent life. Not like Leroi has ever seen it either but it shouldn't be anything fazing in this age. It's the twenty-first century for heaven's sake, the Golden Age and yet the darkest age up till now and Leroi is sure there's worse to come. A little cocaine don't hurt nobody, except if it's as large as a pillow, ushered with colorful, weirdly smelling tickets to a life sentence in a prison's asylum in form of pills and potions that Euphoria barely has the guts to feature on Netflix.

"Will someone please kindly take this filth away from my face?!" Leroi yells at no one in particular but somehow directed towards the empty house. He takes another spoon of his pudding which can be more or less a cigarette stick for the average eighteen year old teenager in situations like this but fortunately, childhood home training really deals good glue.

"Leroi..." says Nixon lowly, twiddling his thumbs before rubbing them against his thighs.

"And you should like, go change or something. You don't look like you can hold even a broom no more vibrating like them Chinese androids."

It is really comical and all, the cape sitting on his more or less hairless head and the cleaning apron a tad too big for his nugget figure and the face mask covering half of his face, but Leroi imagines spring cleaning era Nixon when he found out the illegal stash in his brother's closet, looking like a nurse who opened the doctor's door to see him shagging his colleague in a doggie.

Grey's Anatomy vibes, Leroi muses, rocking on the wooden chair while scraping the last loot in the treasure chest of strawberry.

That's when the sitting room door clicks open.

"Oh, lookie who's here."

Nixon braces himself on his seat but all Leroi does is to remove his leg from the table and toss the plastic towards the bin. The inner basketballer scores, of course.

Leroi has been here since 6 and it's now few minutes to 9, and Nixon waiting for Kaolin's shift at Wendy's to be over. Kaolin is here now, looking smug as usual but there's a happy hint on his face and that really irks Leroi off. This Leroi has many reasons for.

"Leroi? What a surprise." Kaolin shrugs the bag off his back, flexing the wide slab of muscle, cracks can be heard too.

Leroi doesn't reply but keeps inching towards him, wringing his fist and dark eyes locked with Kaolin's. Kaolin just watches blankly that it's just the usual dramatic Leroi trying to pull off a stunt that that will come out as not funny or impressive at the end of the day. But Leroi doesn't smile. Leroi merely belts Kaolin's jaw with so much force he falls back.

"Damn that hurt," Leroi hoots, holding his fists to his lips and blinking his reddened eyes.

Nixon himself is shocked. "Leroi what the hell was that?"