Chapter 30

-Michael Jackson noises-

-----
3rd Person
-----
America painfully waited until after school until he started looking for Russia. He knew the other country had left the school, and figured he'd be at his house, or possibly the park, but he wasn't sure what happened that caused him to leave. He noticed Russia holding his stomach before turning heel and leaving, but America couldn't really put his finger on it.

Was he hurt?
Did he get sick?
Food poisoning?

America kept trying to think of all the reasons as he packed his books into his bag and made his way out of the classroom towards his locker. After he grabbed what he needed and put some other things away, he started heading to Canada's locker, where he saw his brother and Ukraine talking.

"Hey bro," Canada greeted, smiling.

"Hey.." America paused, "I was wondering if you knew where Russia disappeared to earlier?"

Ukraine looked at him, blinking slowly. "So he did leave... he wasn't in class with me after lunch."

"Did he tell you why he left?" America asked, tilting his head at her. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned the screen on, reading something before typing.

"He sent me a text during 6th saying he was at home, and not to wait for him after school... but nothing else." She replied, turning her screen back off. America chewed on his lip before looking up at Canada.

"I kinda wanna go see Russia..."

"You've been seeing him a lot lately." Canada replied, smiling. America smiled back.

"Yeah well, you and Ukraine have been talking a lot lately as well. If I didn't know any better I'd assume something was happening between you two." He said playfully, pointing his finger between them. Canada playfully pushed America's shoulder and Ukraine blushed, putting her hand over her face.

"Hee hee..." America grinned.

"Okay well... you can go to our house America. I'll be there shortly with Belarus." Ukraine said, calming herself down to speak. America nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you then, and I'll see you at home Canada?" He said. Canada nodded his head, and America walked past them and headed to the door. He started heading towards Russia's house, his mind still racing about what he would see.

-----

America stopped at the door, debating whether to knock or not. He would feel bad for not knocking, although either way he felt awkward. He hesitantly knocked anyways, waiting for a reply. After a moment, he opened the door slowly.

"Russia?" He called out slowly. Closing the door, he awkwardly held his arm before walking to the stairs, approaching Russia's room. He felt a bit awkward still, as if he was breaking some sort of rule or doing something wrong. Once he reached the other's door, he hesitantly knocked.

"Чего ты хочешь..." the muffled, slurred voice replied from the other side. America had no idea what he said, but couldn't just remain silent.

"Russia... it's me, America." He replied, rocking back and forth on his heels.

Russia felt a pang in his chest. The absolute last thing he wanted was for America to see him. Although he wasn't sure why he felt that way, he couldn't help himself.

"What are you doing here?" He replied, sitting up slowly as to not aggravate the pain in his body worse.

"I came to check on you, since you left school in such a hurry earlier.." America slowly explained, still waiting for permission to open the door.