Chapter 11: The First Quest

3rd POV

"Let me introduce us. We call our group the swords of darkness. I'm Peter Mork, the leader," He started to introduce his party and himself, starting with himself of course.

"Over there we have our ranger, Lucrut Volvae. He's our eyes and ears in the field,"

"Hey there," he waved to both Nabe and the Firekeeper, but they both ignored him, causing him to slouch down a little from disappointment.

"Our healer and druid, Dyne Woodwonder,"

The older and gentle looking man smiled and bowed his head in respect. It was obvious that he was a kind person, though somewhat capable as well. "Nice to meet you, folks."

"And last but not least, we have our brains of the operation. Ninya the spellcaster,"

"Hello everyone," Ninya greeted the guests quickly before looking over at the one that had introduced everyone with a gaze of annoyance. "Peter, I told you to not use that nickname, it's embarrassing!"

"But you should be proud of it! You're a talent holder after all!" he exclaimed.

"Talent Holder?" Nabe questioned with an almost disgusted look, though she was able to just barely stop herself from making an insult. Progress!

"Yeah. It means that he was born with a special ability," Lucrut told the three that didn't seem to know what it was. But they were just trying to make it seem like that, being clueless was a good way to solidify their backstories. "For example, Ninya's is called Magic Affinity. It lets him learn spells two times faster than the average mage. Pretty awesome, right?!"

"Ninya is a famous talent holder and we're proud to have him with us," Peter commented, causing the young boy to look away in embarrassment.

"Well, it's not like I have the best in E-Rantel. That would be Bareare," he told them.

"Bareare?" The Firekeeper asked.

"Yes, he's quite famous. Don't you know?" Peter asked, "Is it also tied to how you didn't know about Talent Holders?"

"We aren't from around here if you didn't hear, and yes it is," the blonde spoke softly.

"Allow me to introduce ourselves once again. I am known as the FireKeeper, I am mainly a caster and healer and can use up to fifth tier magic," It seemed as if this party hadn't heard the introduction earlier and just asked them if they wanted to join their quest once they heard that they were looking for one, because they were all shocked beyond belief when they heard her statement.

"You can just call me Keeper if it helps," she bowed.

"A...f-fifth tier user...!" Ninya was in awe. As a spell caster, the fifth tier was the peak of magic for humans and yet she still looked so young.

"Over there we have Nabe. Don't mind her personality, she doesn't get along with new people," when she spoke Nabe turned her head away with a small puff of her cheeks. "She's a third-tier magic-user and swordswoman, so she's an allrounder."

The swords of Darkness were looking at the two with awe as they already knew that these two alone could already annihilate their entire party.

"Over here we have one of seven Great Grey Wolves," she hugged the giant beast and snuggled into its fur "He was summoned using a treasure that contained a sixth tier summoning spell. He's the vanguard alongside Artorias."

At this point, there was no doubt which party was weaker, making them feel a little uncomfortable. But the real kicker was the giant of a man that was still slouching down with one arm hanging limp.