Chapter 5: A Village in Crisis

3rd POV

The portal opened right behind the girl from the village, causing the knights to lower their weapons as they stared at the unfamiliar magic, the ominous feeling and aura coming from whatever was on the other side stunning them.

"Wha....what is that?" One of them asked.

And out from the portal stepped Yn. He was in his usual attire, which was his usual armor, but to the knights, it looked as if he wore legendary equipment that far surpassed anything in their world.

The devil was in the details. They could see how splendidly every single part was given the utmost care when it was still being crafted. For them, it was impossible to imagine anyone being able to make something as glorious and powerful as that.

But the one that wore it made them shiver the moment even his foot came through the portal. His dark eyes glanced down at them, and they could instantly tell that he was not human, for the whites of his eyes, his sclera, was black, and he seemed to have what seemed like horns on the side of his head that were covered in armor as well.

"Separator"

The single word from the silver-haired being seemed to echo throughout the woods, before screaming replaced it.

An extremely thin silver line moved passed one of the soldiers, and before he knew it, his arm was on the ground. It took a moment for the pain to kick in. It was as if his senses and nerves were dulled until his eyes were drawn to his wound, that was when he felt the pain shoot across his body.

"Oh? That actually worked better than I thought it would. I thought a sixth tier spell would only leave a shallow cut" he placed his hand on his chin in thought "It seems these are weaker soldiers, usually a player would have a high enough resistance to be able to keep their arm"

He seemed to speak to himself in thought as the soldier continued to scream, desperately trying to stop the bleeding, but failing to do so.

"M-Monster!" the other knight tried to attack. His sword was already out but its previous target, which was the village girl, was not the on it intended to strike down. It went straight for what the knight could only assume was some silver-haired demon.

"Oh? You have some guts considering your level is so low," The knight's eyes widened, and Yn could feel the trembling arms of the human as they traversed through the blade and into the tips of his fingers, two of them to be exact, which held the blades tip between them. "It's admirable, but you should have run, though if I'm being honest, you wouldn't have been able to get very far"

He continued seemed to smile before his gaze landed on the sword in the soldier's hands. "Hmm?" he hummed a bit before pulling the sword from the man's hands, inspecting it.

"What's with this weak construction and material?" he asked as he flipped it onto his hands. The moment the handle was gripped, the material started to change. The steel became a black metal that had dark blue cracks running up it "Let's change it up a bit"

After he spoke, the swords shape bent and constricted until it became the size of a knife, and a small one at that. He seemed disappointed by the results "I guess that's the best I can get out of such a weak blade. Though I wonder why it doesn't have any enchantments or runes placed on it, it was a normal occurrence back in Yggdrasil" he hummed in thought again.

But he stopped for a moment to throw the weapon forwards. It left a large hole in the knight that ran away, the very one that owned the sword Yn had transformed.

"Black knight"

He spoke again, though just like before, something was off. Out of the shadows came a figure covered in darkness like a cloak. With the speed of a lightning bolt and the ferocity of a wild beast, it jumped in the way of its master and the spell that the injured knight tried to blast Yn with.