Chapter 7: A Watcher

3rd POV

"Aura has given her report. There has been no response or contact from any Yggdrasil players within our immediate vicinity" Albedo placed down a small pile of papers lightly on Yn's desk "But she's expanding her search to the woods that surround Nazarick. If they are out there, she will find them" she assured Yn

"I see" he leaned back into his chair "What of the men we captured? Have we been given any information yet?" he asked and was satisfied when Albedo nodded.

"It didn't take long. We've learned from the man we captured that he is from the Slane Theocracy. He is in charge of one of their special ops units, the Sunlight Scripture" she answered him "We are still gathering intel though, he seems to be a little more troublesome than we originally thought"

"I see" Yn held his chin "If I remember from what the village chief told me, the Slane Theocracy wishes to unit humans against all other races" he stated from his memory, and even picked up the papers that Albedo had placed on his desk "It usually would be dangerous for us to have any contact so early with them" a small smile was found on his face now "But I've already sent something to the Slane Theocracy, a bit of recon couldn't hurt"

"Who did you send my Lord?" she asked out of curiosity, finding his action to be a little confusing seeing as how he stated himself that the having contact with the Slane Theocracy could be dangerous.

"There is no need for your concern. They will be fine, and they can escape if they need to. I doubt they'll get caught"

"As you say. However, what should we do with the people that we have saved?"

"I don't want the villagers of the village to see us in any bad way, so try to keep that in mind" he advised her "We were able to get on friendly terms with them easily, but I would like it to remain that way for a while"

"As you wish. That is all for today's reports" she clasped her hands together, seeming to gentle embrace the ring of Ainz Ooal Gown that lay on her finger "Now please! I want you to-" "Master! I have come with news!"

Ciaran rose from his shadow once again. Yn smiled gently at this, for she never did make her presence a surprise. It was always gentle and welcoming, which allowed him to relax a little more since he could tell what Albedo and Shalltear were after was different from Ciaran. It was more like she wanted his approval or attention, but not craving it.

Albedo seemed to glare at the masked Guardian when she interrupted her, and if it were not for the fact that she had come with news she would have yelled at her for her rude interruption.

"Yes? What is it?" he asked as he turned his head towards her.

"The...being, that you have sent to the Slane Theocracy has made it there safely, there were no issues. There is also the news that we have analyzed the gear that the humans used, and have found out something most...disturbing" she hesitated for a few parts, but Yn did not mind.

"I already knew that I...well, I knew that the one I sent to the Slane Theocracy had arrived without issue, but I must thank you for being an escort" she seemed taken aback by his thanks. She waved her hands in front of her as her mask seemed to tint a light pink 

"I-I don't deserve your thanks. N-not to say that I don't want it! But I certainly shouldn't be thanked by a supreme being for such a small task!" she blurted out.

It was enjoyable for Yn, and he laughed with a happy smile on his face. He somehow found her reaction amusing, but he also found it quite cute.

Though he failed to notice how Albedo was suddenly glaring at Ciaran again, what appeared like a demon could be seen behind her as she glare, and once Ciaran had taken notice of it, she seemed to smirk under her mask as what seemed like a dragon appeared behind her.