a night at samgyeopsal restaurant

[I actually has published it in AO3 months ago, but since it's not angst, I didn't publish it here. BUT, it's literally my favorite fic of mine by far, so I wanna share it here too. Enjoy!]

*

Kim Taehyung finally showed up, and Jimin couldn't remember the last time he was this relieved. He had waited for how long? More than 30 minutes he supposed, in their favorite samgyeopsal restaurant, waiting for them, dazing off.

Jimin stood, welcoming Taehyung, flinging his arms out which soon taken by Taehyung for a hug. They shared warm embrace with a huge grin, their eyes expecting each other.

“You've completely grown up, Tae! You're giant!” Jimin mumbled in somewhat proud tone. He hit Taehyung's chest playfully.

Taehyung snickered,”And you're still tiny as I remembered, Chim.” He said in tenor which still sounded amazing in Jimin's ears.

Jimin snorted, but he then tapped the seat next to him, motioned Taehyung to sit.

“So,” Taehyung raised his brow. “What's gotten into you that you were first to come? You were always late─”

“Well,” Jimin rolled his eyes, annoyance plastered clearly on his face making Taehyung giggled. “Work forced everyone to change, you know? My home was an hour away from my office, so yeah, there's no way I would go home first.”

Taehyung squeezed Jimin's shoulder, an attempt to comfort him. “You want me to sleep over?”

Jimin narrowed his eyes. “All of sudden?”

Taehyung shrugged. “Small talk.”

Jimin faked an offended look, punching Taehyung's shoulder lightly. “Fuck you.”

Taehyung laughed, but then his laughter died as someone came to the frame.

“Good night, loser!”

Taehyung's eyes widen in surprise as Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jungkook walked into the restaurant. They had similar smirks over their lips, feeling smug as they knew Taehyung and Jimin were so happy to see them. Jimin covered his mouth, a low shriek escaped from his lips. He jumped in joy, couldn't hide his excitement.

They exhanged a hug, punching each other in the middle of their laughter, a habit they had since they rent a house together back in their college life, except Jungkook that was still in high school, taken by Hoseok, his cousin to live together. Their voice blended together in loud commotion. Thankfully, they booked this restaurant just for them.