Epilogue

EPILOGUE

 “THE RED STRING OF FATE. The invisible red thread connects you to the person who you are destined to be with forever, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break…”

“What kind of a fortune is this?!” Charlie spoke with confusion as she popped half of the fortune cookie she cracked a while ago, “seriously, this doesn’t even make sense!”

“It’s just a fortune cookie, just chill, and finish you’re noodles eh?” said Jessie in her normal Canadian accent. Jessie is one of Charlie’s close friends from college. They’ve been sharing the same apartment for 2 years now

Charlie let out a small chuckle, “that “eh?” is still pretty hilarious”

“I still find it pretty amazing that you still don’t completely have a Canadian accent after being here for years”

“But on the other hand, I know the proper use of the word “eh?”” Charlie laid back on the couch as she coolly looked at her friend on the other side, “it’s nice day out eh?” and she smirked

And Jessie chuckled and shook her head, she then stood, “want some pop? I bought some earlier”

“Sure, why not?”

Jessie then went ahead to get the soft drinks she bought

“Hey Jess, thanks for buying dinner” Charlie spoke as she picked up the book on the table and comfortably sat on the couch. Charlie have been cooped up in their apartment for several days now, just studying for the upcoming licensure examination

“No prob, I know you’re pretty serious with this license exam, I mean who isn’t?”

“Yeah, and I’ve been studying for 7 years now, I just really want to work and earn some cash”

“7 years? Doesn’t Civil engineering only take up 5 years?”

“It does, but I wasted 1 year just goofing around and not taking anything seriously, so I had to start over the next year plus this year for studying for the licensure exams, so add that up, 7 years total”

“Whoa! Good thing I’m already working in a bank, I don’t think I can handle all that studying”

Charlie scoffed as she smiled at her friend

“Now that you mention it, why did you goof off at your freshman year in college? I know you can be dumb sometimes but you’re definitely not stupid”

Again, Charlie scoffed and smiled, “I had a girl issue back then and the stress of it just got to me”

“Girl issue? You never mentioned this before”

“That’s because I’m still not 100% over her back then, and it stings when I talk about her”

“Ohh..Until now?”

Charlie shook her head, “It doesn’t hurt anymore but I’m still not completely over her, I’m still wearing the bracelet she gave me ‘til now” she replied, showing her friend the bracelet on her right wrist, “Come to think of it, I think I’ll never be completely over her, I mean, she’s my first love, my first everything but she’s in another country so I think that chapter is definitely done”

“Wow, I didn’t think you can be crazy for only one girl considering the hook-ups and one month relationships you had with other girls”

“Yeah…well, I thought that would help but that didn’t work so I focused on school instead”