(26) Next stop, London

A year and a half later

     I had to see him. I just had to know he was okay. I was on my way to London right now, solo. I told Savannah that I had to do this by myself. I finally arrived at the train station and got off the train. Everything looks so different from what I remembered.

     It was cold and cloudy outside, which was normal here. I walked the streets of London unnoticed and I came across a park. I got a strange feeling in my gut telling me I had to be here. I walked along a path until a familiar scent caught my attention. I looked around and there he was. God he looks different but at the same time he still looks like the same man I left about a year ago. I watched him as he sat alone on a bench. I kept thinking to myself 'should I go talk to him?' Then I came to realize he doesn't remember me anyways so I might as well.

     I started walking to him with a smile on my face but then I saw a blonde woman who looked his age walking to him. He stood up with a huge smile and hugged her. She pecked his lips and sat down next to him. I thought this was my worst nightmare, Niall having a girlfriend, but I was terribly wrong. Only when she sat down I noticed something odd, she's pregnant. About seven months I would say. My whole body shut down and I have no clue how I was still standing. My eyes started to water but I held them back knowing he's happy.

     My internal panic was soon ended when Niall looked in my direction and caught my eyes. We stared at each other for who knows how long. I cut off our stares as I quickly turned around and went the other direction. I went back onto the main streets and everything started to look familiar. I came across a very well known coffee shop and went in. This is where me and Niall met and I can't believe that the last time I was here I was having a coffee with the guy who changed my life.

     I ordered coffee and there weren't any single seats left. The only thing left was, ironically, the booth where me and Niall had our first conversation. I sat down and stared at the empty seat in front of me. I heard someone come through the door but I knew it was just another costumer. "Do you mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is taken." I instantly recognized this voice as my Ni. I looked up at him in shock and I nodded without thinking.

     He sat down and I refused to make eye contact. "Hi, Im Niall." He said out of no where reaching his hand across the table for me to shake. "I-Im Ava" I shook his hand and when we touched it was like I've never even left. I went back to minding my own business but he kept talking "So I notice you have a bit of an accent?" I nodded. "American." I said blankly. He nodded. "Wow, I've always wanted to see the states." He said and I smiled. This reminded me alot of how we both first met. He stared at me very intensely. "What are you staring at?"

     "I'm really sorry. You just look really familiar. I feel like we've met before." He told me and I paniced. "I gotta go, sorry." I said as I quickly stood up. He looked confused as he watched me.

     I walked out the store and I wanted to go to the storage unit where I kept my things. All I have to do is get a few things then I can leave. My walking slowed down as I got further away from the coffee shop. I was finally calm enough to enjoy the nice London breeze.

     I got to my unit and pulled out my key. I unlocked it and pushed the door up. I walked in taking in the sight of all my belongings I looked my old radio and saw The Fray CD sitting on top of it. I started walking around humming 'You found me' thinking of when Niall first introduced me to that song. "Who are you?" I heard Niall's voice. "What do you mean?" I asked as I turned around fast.

    "I know that song, and it means something to me but I can't remember what. I know you and not just 'I've seen you before'. I mean I've actually known you before. I don't know how or why, but I know you."