(12)Moster realization

Me and Niall sat on the ground in fear. I was scared because I knew what was gonna happen, Niall was scared because he didnt. We sat there on the ground looking up at Mason who walked back and forth in front of us with an evil smirk. "Did you really think I was just gonna forget about you, Ava? You know what I want and I want it now."

I stood up and I was leveled with Mason "Why do you you want him so bad? Whats so important about him? Why do you need him?" I heard Niall's breathing stop for a second when he knew I was talking about him. "Do you not know how special he is? He possesses powers that can only be activated if he becomes immortal." he spoke and I stood confused.

"Ava we should go" Niall whispered shaking. "Oh I bet you want to leave Niall but I cant let you do that" Mason said starting to walk to Niall "Wait! What do you mean powers? What makes him so special?" I rushed trying to clear my confusion and gain us some time. "If he gets changed, Ava, he wont be like others. He'll be faster, smarter, stronger and best of all harder to kill. Its in his blood."

"So you want to change him to be apart of your little immortal gang plan?" I screamed in anger "Calm down there sweet cheeks I'll still let you be apart of it too if you want." he said pinching my cheeks and came closer to my face. I looked at him with disgust and dared to challenge him, I spit in his face. He turned his head slowly in anger and wiped his face. "You shouldn't have done that."

His eyes instantly turned red and he grabbed me by the neck with a death grip. He picked me up by the neck and I struggled by kicking my legs hoping to get him. I was successful when I finally kicked him in the gut dropped me and I landed on my feet. "Two can play at this game" I felt my eyes turn and he came at me.

Niall's POV

As soon as I heard that guys say he wanted me for some immortal power or whatever they were talking about I knew I had to leave, but I cant leave Ava with this lunatic. So I scooted over to a brick wall while they bickered. I was cradling my legs and I was trying to avoid looking but then I heard Ava gasping for air. I looked up to see that lunatic choking her.

She kicked him in the gut and she backed up. She was looking at the ground for a minute, I assumed she was catching her breath, she said something but I wasn't focused on that, I was focused on the fact that when she looked up her eyes, her eyes were glowing red. I didnt know what do when they both start fighting and it wasnt like normal fist fighting it was like an inhuman battle.

They were growling, hissing, I swear I saw fangs, and they were moving at an incredible speed. All I could think was "What are they?" . I could only think of one thing and one part of me hopes Im right and the other half doesnt. I had a plan incase I was right, I looked around the alley and found an old chair, a wooden chair.

I carefully crawled over to the chair but I think they're to busy to notice. I brake off a chair leg in a way where the end is sharp. I got up and slowly walked to them but I think I should hurry because he can end Ava any second now. He was on top of her and hes choking her, and she trying so hard to fight back but she's losing. I went behind him and raised my arms with the, what I hope is close enough, stake.

After what felt like a life time I plunged it in his back. I heard him gag and choke then spit out blood. His skin started to turn red and boil then his body dropped on Ava. I backed up scared of what will happen next. At least I was right.

Ava's POV

I pushed Masons body off of me and layed there in shock when I realized Niall actually killed him. Im finally free from that monster and now my only problem is how to tell Niall what he just witnessed. 'I could just compell him' I thought but thats wrong he deserves to know the truth its the only way to keep him in my life.

I walked over to Niall, who was currently banging his hand on the brick wall mumbling to himself, and placed my hand on his shoulder. He shot around making my hand fly off of him. "Dont touch me" he begged. "Niall Im not going to hurt you" I looked him in the eyes. "Dont look at me. Whats wrong with your eyes? What are you!?" he screamed and I made my eyes go back to normal. "Niall what Im about to tell you might shock you and you may hate me for the rest of your life but.... Im a vampire."

His eyes started to water "What no, that cant be true." he shook his head.
"It is and so was that guy you just killed. You saved me Niall, thank you." I tried putting my hand on his shoulder but he pushed me away. "I said dont touch me" he said angered. "Look Niall I know how you feel right now. Scared, lost , confused, betrayed but you have to trust me on this. Just bare with me Niall and we cou-" he cut me off. "We could what Ava!? Pretend that everythings okay and just go back to going out on dates a few more times. We werent even together and now we really arent going to be together because I cant be with someone who's, who's-" he continued.
"Please dont say it Niall. I know what your going to say just please dont say it."

He looked me dead in the eyes and said "Who's a monster" My eyes started to water and was beginning to cry. "Go! Go leave thats what they always do! Thats why Im all alone... just go." I looked at him and he looked at me with sad eyes. He grabbed both my shoulders and was about to apologize "Ava Im sorry but I cant its ju-" I needed him to leave so he wouldn't watch me crumble to pieces. So I turned, my eyes were red and fangs were out. "I. Said. GO!" I screamed and he let go and ran out of the alley.

I leaned up against the wall and dropped myself to the ground and began to sob. I held my legs close to my body and just let it out. In that moment I realized I was finally broken.