(13)I need my best friend

Once I finally got up I had to get rid of Masons body, so I picked him up and ran to the nearest lake. I threw his body in and he sank. I went over and sat on the nearest bench, right now the sun was well set and the stars were out. I couldn't help but feel sad. I lost two people who made me feel normal in the same day.

After I thought long and hard about everything, I was done being sad. Now I was full of bad things like anger, fury, hatred, and rage. Brent told me about this before, if you feel too much of one emotion your other emotions will hit you like a wave one by one, to keep yourself balanced. I didnt know what to do so I just ran. I ran all the way home at high speed and I didn't stop until I was there.

I ran into my apartment and I slammed the door. I grabbed for the nearest thing, which happened to be the couch, and I flipped it over. It flung half way across the room but that wasnt enough. I grabbed a chair and threw it at my wall and when it hit the wall almost all of my pictures came falling down. The glass from the picture frames shattered everywhere but I didnt care. I reached for the dish rack in my kitchen and flipped it over braking all of my plates. I was going to do more damage until I looked over on the floor in all of the shattered glass and seen a picture of me and Brent.

I went over and picked up the picture, and wiped off all of the glass. I looked at it and remembered that Brent said if I was ever in need he would be there. I turned around with my back facing the wall and I slid to the ground not caring if I was sitting on broken glass. "Well where are you now Brent? The time when I need you the most and you're gone." I whispered to myself knowing it wasn't his fault.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up "Hey kiddo, whats so wrong" He smiled at me. "Brent... dont act like you dont already know." I said as he sat down next to me. It was weird because I know this is Brent but it doesnt exactly look like Brent. This Brent was much paler and less cheery than the Brent Ive known, but I guess it makes sense since he's dead.

"Well I just thought you would want to talk it out... How are you not freaking out, you do know Im dead right?" he asked trying to be sarcastic with this sensitive subject. "Of course I know You're  dead, its just that this doesn't exactly surprise me. I kinda figured there would be things like ghosts after I found out about vampires." I looked at him and nudged his shoulder and to my surprise I could feel him.

"Agh but Im not a ghost you see Ava, well not exactly. Im more like a protector, some would say guardian angel, who is here to help you through certain things." he explained making me raise my eyebrow. "So you're an angel, my guardian Angel and you'll come when I need you most?" I asked so I can have a confirmation. "Yes, but Im not going to be here forever. I'll have to say goodbye eventually and when that time comes it will be permanent and we might not even get a goodbye."

"Its going to be when everything falls into place right?" I asked and he nodded. I looked into my lap at the picture I was still holding of me and Brent. He seen me looking at it and let out a laugh. "I remember that day. Remember when you freaked out cause your leg got caught on the rope and you were dangling off the boat." we both laughed as we remember the one of very few times when Brent got me out of the house. The picture is of me and Brent on a boat in Miami last summer.
"That was funny but remember when that chick got sea sick and threw up on you, you got so mad you bit her." we continued laughing.

"Im gonna miss you." Brent said when our laughs died out. "I'll miss you too, but we still have a while right. I mean my life is far from falling into place." he rapped his arm around my shoulder in a big brother way and told me "You cant spent your life being scared, you have to realize that bad things happen and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. It will be alright in the end. Niall will come around eventually. I know it."

"How do you know?" I asked looking up at him. "The gift of knowing, remember. And plus Im dead, we kinda get the whole playbook of how everything is gonna go down, but I cant tell you so dont ask." I shook my head and smiled. "You're such a dork" I yawned as I said that. "You're tired, go to bed and I'll stay here and clean up your mess." he said standing up. I shook my head "No how can I sleep knowing you'll be gone when I wake up and I have no idea when you'll be back?"

"Just remember even though you dont know when I'll be back, know that I will be back when you need me the most." he hugged me "Now go sleep. Love you." he said ruffling my hair."Night, love you." I said swatting his hand away from my head. "And by the way your going to straighten this out with Niall tomorrow whether you like it or not. We wouldn't want him telling people our secret would we?" he said as I shrugged in my room.