Being Tyler Ch. 3

WHO’S TERRIBLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN OVER A MONTH? THIS GIRL!

WHO’S COMPUTER BROKE DOWN FOR OVER THREE WEEKS? THIS GIRL!

WHO JUST RECENTLY GOT HER COMPUTER FIXED? THIS GIRL!

WHO’S GOING TO UPDATE RIGHT THIS MINUTE? THIS GIRL!

-enough said-

-Jes <3

Chapter 3

If you don’t know what embarrassing is, I can tell you what it is.

This is embarrassing.

Embarrassing is 200+ pairs of eyes strained on you and you alone. Not on the gorgeous boy with a bad temper yelling at you for taking his spot, you.

You as in the new girl who doesn’t know soul and carries a fake name like a new purse!

Embarrassing, is not knowing what to respond back to douchebag #1.

“Erm, I think they call this sitting?” My eyes have grown to the size of the sun (you can thank my mom for the big eyed gene), and I swear I may have dropped one or two or three drops pee in the last twenty seconds.

“I’m sure you can ‘sit’ somewhere that isn’t close to me. Was bio not enough for you—“

“You know what? I’ll find somewhere else to sit, my mistake!” I gather my things finally done with this asshole and wait for him to move out of my way. You can literally hear the intakes of breaths and maybe a pencil drop on the floor as we stare it out.

Wherever that surge of power came from, I hope it stays all the way to the bathroom cause I’m about ten seconds away from crying. Daniel narrows his eyes and steps back letting me slip past him. From behind me I hear Cassey’s chair screech against the floor.

“Really Daniel? You couldn’t be any nicer? Grow up!” Then I hear her footsteps behind me followed by her voice.

 “Go back to eating guys! This is not the circus!”

“Hey! Eliza wait!” She catches up to me.

“I’ll just eat in the hallway, I’m fine Cassey.” What is with this girl and her endless efforts of being nice? She must be the Mother Teresa of this school.

“He’s usually not like this, Eliza. I don’t know why he’s being such an ass.” Her legs are shorter than mine by an inch or two, so she’s having to walk faster to keep up; the sound of her boots rhythmically hitting the floor.

“Believe me, I’m wondering the same thing, seeing how this is my first day and I already want the day to end.” I can feel the ball of tears building up in my throat and it takes me a few silent moments to collect myself before I speak.

“I’m not really hungry anymore.” I set my tray on a random table and continue to walk towards the cafeteria doors.

Cassey grabs my hand before we can get out.

“Eliza, please your legs are miles long!” They really aren’t, she’s just really tiny. I’m only 5’5 ½.

I stop and face her.