Being Tyler Ch. 2

Hola! Sorry for being M.I.A for so long, I have so many different things going on, it's giving me whiplash. But hey! Im back J! Now before you read the chapter remember that THIS BOOK IS ABOUT TYLER NOT ANDY AND EMILY so every chapter IS NOT going to have ANDY AND EMILY. And if that's the only reason why you are reading this book than please leave cause while I love you guys, I want my work to be more than about Andy Biersack (even though he's my boo thang). So please respect my work for the story itself not previous ones I've written before. Now, for you Andy-addicts there will be chapters where he's in there, but not every chapter. Just wait.

Thank you!!!!!

Chapter 2

When I was little, I thought my name was thee shit.

I thought I was so awesome cause my name was so unique and different compared to the little girls with names like Sarah or Katie, all the other A-typical American names you could think off. Unfortunately, when the days of mean boys and stuck up girls rolled around, all I did was curse my dad for choosing "Tyler" of all names. I went from thinking my names was coolest, to thinking it just shit.

You can thank the fact that my parents thought I was going to be a boy the whole time, and were to lazy to think of pick a new name for a girl the day I came out. In fact, they didn't give me a nickname until a month after I was born, in which they chose 'Elizabeth'. Tyler Rebbecca-Elizabeth Biersack.

All this bad name joo-joo finally came back to bite me in the as, cause here I stand with over thirty pairs of eyes staring back at me waiting for me to introduce myself on the first day of school

"Miss, your name?" The slightly old Asian Biology teacher repeats after the first time he asked me two minutes ago.

I could either tell them my name is Elizabeth, or go with my government-parent-mistaken-name Tyler. But, if I went with the ladder, I 'd have to deal with the many frowns of misunderstanding girls and snickers from the many boys in the back row. Then, if I tell them my last name, I'd have to deal with the thousands of 'Isn't your dad that one dude from that one band' drama, and I don't want that. Whatever I pick, better be quick cause I think the quietness is killing my first impression.

"Eliza Brooks." I blurt out. Did I just use my moms maiden name? Yes.

"Okay, Miss Brooks would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself? Where you came from, why you're here, and some hobbies you like?"

"Can I pass?" I smile slightly and raise my eyebrows.

"No, I'm required to go through this being your first period teacher. Go ahead, we don't bite." Pulling the papers from my hand he glances down and reads the 'transfer' note the office game. Frowning as he reads the my real name, he glances back up.

I smile.

"Er...I came from Southern California, I came here for a fresh start, and I'm here cause I think it's the law." The last comment earns me a few chuckles, easily breaking the thickened ice that formed the moment I stepped into the doors.

"Alright, just take a seat in the back next to the charming yet brooding Daniel Edwards. Don't mind the Twilight look he has going on, it's all-apart of his goal to lure the ladies." Mr. Young points to the back of the room where, in deed a brooding boy in a black V-neck sits staring out the side windows.

"Damn, you caught me." He turns his head in response to the teachers words and winks up at me. For a moment I can only stare back in shock.

This guy has guts for sure.

I make my way down the isle at the slowest paste possible.

"Alright, enough staring at Ms. Brooks, I like attention, too. You know what else likes attention, the study of frogs, yay!" Young pulls everyone's eyes off the back of my head giving me enough time to slide into the seat next to Daniel. He's back to staring out the window like a lost child.

"Are you always staring out the window." I figure I should make conversation if I'm going to be sitting by this guy for a while.

He turns his head and I finally get a good look at his face up close. I mean, it looked good far away, but up close, it looks better.

Up close, it looks really good.

Only, up close he's frowning and his grey eyes don't look very happy.

"Are you always getting into other peoples business?" He glares like I've offended his whole life.

"What? No I was just asking. Is that so wrong?"

"You tell me. Is it?"

I roll my eyes. "Do you always answer a question with a question?"

"Do you?"

"Alright, never mind then, I won't talk."

"Best thing I've heard all day." He goes back to staring outside.

For the rest of the period, I keep my mouth shut and focus on taking in everyone that isn't Daniel. Either everyone is looking back at me or staring at Mr. Young as he dives into the internal aspects of a frog.

~~~

I've made it through half the day without pissing off anymore boys and now it's finally come to the hardest part of the day: Lunch.

The one advantage to being known around LA, is never having to sit by yourself. Someone always wants to buy you lunch or hold your hand while you spoon soup into your mouth. But here, being new and unknown, you have to look for people to sit next to.

My dad told me a story about singing in this cafeteria and how it pissed my mom off so much she left the room so she didn't have to hear the band perform. That, before they were 'in love' they were 'in hate' and one of the first places it started was here. If only they could've reserved a seat for me while they were making googly eyes at each other, maybe this wouldn't be so hard.

"Looking for somewhere to sit?" A light voice from behind me makes me jump halfway out of my skin in shock. I spin around, lunch tray in hand and look at the girl standing behind me.

"Oh sorry! I totally did not mean to scare you!" The petite girl in front of me stands there with big blue eyes and blazing red hair. Despite her natural red hair, I don't see one sign of freckles. She's gorgeous.

"No, it's fine just wasn't expecting anyone to come up to me. I'm El-"

"Eliza Brooks, yeah my boyfriend is in your 1st period class. You're from SoCal and you're here cause you have to be." She smiles pearly whites. "I'm Cassy, and yes I'm probably the first ginger you'll meet with no freckles. I get that a lot." Cassy, rolls her eyes and gestures to the tables.

"Sit with me and my friends, they're all really nice, you can meet my boyfriend too." Giving in, I follow close behind Cassy to the middle of the cafeteria where a few other girls and one boy sit.

"Guys, this is Eliza and Eliza this is Hailey, Lucy, Grace and Grace's boyfriend Hunter. Take a seat." She points to everyone introducing them with a smile.

I take a seat in between Cassy and Lucy trying not to make any eye contact with anyone.

"You're from L.A.?" Grace's boyfriend, Hunter asks politely.

"Yeah but-"

"What the fuck is she doing here?"