Chapter Twenty

"Let go of me."

"Now!"

Maskys voice echoed through the basement as he tugged vigorously at his restraints which at this point, had made the skin around them peal off and bleed from the frantic friction.

"No can do. And besides, you should be thanking us, if you killed another dozen humans, Slender wouldn't be too happy." A filtered voice responded from a speaker in the corner of the concrete room.

"To hell with you! watch what'll happen to you when I get out of here!" Masky yelled like a complete maniac

"Now how will you do that if you don't even know who I am?"

"I'll find a way" Masky said with a scary tone.

"... well good luck with that dream boat." The voice said before leaving.

Masky was still dripping with rage and adrenaline so he continued to scream and thrash around.

___________

"...Will you go out with me?"

[name] was taken back by Danny's confession. He had always been such a good friend to [name] that dragging him into her messy life would be repaying his kindness with a big fat middle finger.

You aren't seriously thinking about it are you?

Jesus you are! Aren't you?

You are such a selfish little shit aren't you? Oh yes, bring someone else into the target you're nailed to huh? What a blessing you are as a friend.

[name] felt like the worst being alive for even thinking of accepting his feelings.

"Danny...I'm flattered, really. But, being in a relationship and love in general is something I am unfamiliar to, and as cliche as that may seem, and as much as it sounds like I ripped that quote out of a book, it's true. You are an amazing friend and I owe you my life, but...being with you when I know you can do way better would be an awfully selfish thing to do."

"Don't say that [name]! I know you feel lost and afraid but I promise that with me, you'll never feel alone. I will be there for you to support and care for you... I would do even the most unimaginable thing for you!" Danny said as his chest tightened.

[name] was at a loss for words. Being confessed to was already a new experience but Danny's words made her feel pressured and uncomfortable to say the least.

"There is no way of clearly explaining to you my decision but you have to understand that my decision is what's best for both of us." [name] said.

Danny stared at her with pleading eyes before he looked down at his knees. [name] sighed as she stood up.

"This was a very fun party Danny. Thank you for inviting me but- i think I should get going..." [name] said

"...ya- ya, okay. Let me show you to the door" Danny said slowly.

[name] quickly gathered her things and got dressed. When she came out, Danny stood across from the bathroom, now wearing a shirt and still with his swimming trunks. He motioned for her to follow him to the door. When they got to it, they stood there, silently.

"I...I do not regret confessing to you [name]... but I would regret everything if my confession was what drove our friendship towards an end. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not upset but I know loosing you completely would be a greater wound so, if you don't mind, can we continue being best friends?" Danny said with a ball stuck in his throat.

[name] felt moved and happy. She smiled at her friend and reached in for a hug.

"Of course"

When they parted they laughed in unison because of the awkward silence. Like the gentleman that he is, Danny opened the door for his friend. [name] gave Danny one last smile before turning towards the outside.

A frightful gasp escaped her lips and Danny quickly looked at what shocked her. He too seemed surprised but partly co fused. A guy stood right in front of both of them. His skin was a light cream color and his eyes were a popping brown shade with bags under them. His lips chapped and his outfit was just a regular white hoodie with black jeans. What seemed to pop out the most was his hair, black and damaged as can be.

"Who are you?" Danny asked sternly as he put hit arm between the stranger and [name]

"If you must know, I am this little assholes friend, here to pick her up" he said, revealing his deep and raspy voice.

Danny seemed skeptical. [name] wasn't someone to judge others on their appearance, or on their status, but having a friend refer to her in such a vile way, and not to mention have no shame in doing so, especially when greeting someone new- it just wasn't like her.

"[name]...do you really know him?" Danny asked

The shocked girl remained silent for a bit, but then spoke.

"Y-yea. This is my friend." She said as she tightened her grip on her backpack.

"Oh, okay then, see you later then... Be safe." Danny said as he saw his friend walk away.

Once Danny closed his front door, Jeff placed his arm around [name] and chuckled.

"You sure are a lucky little bitch aren't you?" He said.

His every word made the hair on [name]'s back stand on edge. She was afraid but quickly found comfort in knowing of her family's safety. She tried to loose all of her fear but that seemed almost impossible as he led her into the nearby woods.

With the last bit of courage she had she moved Jeff's arms off of her and set her bag down.

"Alright...let's end this. Right here. Right now." [name] said.

This was finally going to end it all. Whether she dies or lives, tonight she will find peace. Her agreement with Masky will no longer be in motion. This will end it all. She found it a bit funny how the one person who started this all was going to help her end it as well

Jeff let out a sick laugh as he cracked his neck and knuckles "I've been waiting for this for too long."

[name] braced herself.

"You and me both"