i see you - jotaro

you'd never been one to draw attention to yourself, you liked the quiet tranquility of being alone. you did socialise on the odd occasion but people in general made you very nervous and you would much rather read or do something by yourself.

it had always been that way, even at school you never followed a crowd or had a clique, it was just you. you rarely sat in the cafeteria, always trying to be far away from everyone, you would eat outside by a tree you'd found near the left of the school grounds. you sat there one day just as usual, you pulled out your little notebook that you doodled and wrote in, a journal of sorts, and began picking at your lunch. you admired the space you were in, you started writing in your little book how you felt in that very moment.

you heard someone approaching your still space, not wanting to come into contact with anyone you quickly scrambled to your feet and ran off, dropping your little book by the tree. you hadn't noticed you'd dropped it until later in class when you searching for it to doodle, you started to panic at the thought of someone reading it and knowing your thoughts and feelings.

as you were having an inward scream, jotaro kujo caught your eye. he was holding your book in his hand, you stared nervously praying he wasn't going to open it. you watched as he opened the first page, you mentally cursed in your mind or so you thought. it took you a few moments to register that you had actually yelled out "fuck" to the whole class. all your peers were staring at you, but you were only focussed on jotaro your eyes begging him not to look at your book. he seemed to understand your pleading eyes for he shut the book and put it in his pocket, you let out a sigh and hid yourself from everyone's prying eyes.

when class was over you ran out of the door and continued running until you were outside by the tree again. you leaned against the tree and your back slid down as you remembered what had just happened. you were so embarrassed to have drawn so much attention to yourself, you were pulled from your thoughts my someone sitting down next to you.

it was him, jotaro kujo, you knew him only as the school delinquent and because every single girl was in love with him. well all accept you, you didn't even know the boy. he held out your book in his hand for you to take, you smiled and thanked him for returning it to you.

"did you read any of it? yknow before i humiliated myself in front of the class." you laughed lightly, he hummed in response..

"only the page it was opened on when i found it." he responded, your eyes widened at him and without thinking you slapped his arm.

"that's a complete invasion of my privacy jotaro!" you squealed before registering what you'd done, you bit your lip realising you had just slapped the schools worst student.
you looked over hesitantly to see his expression was of amusement, he stood up from his spot beside you.

"it was the page about your time at the beach last year, i saw the drawing of the dolphin and was intrigued. i'm sorry i didn't mean to invade your privacy." his tone was genuine not his usual husky voice, and with that he turned and left you there even more frustrated than you were before.

the next day was the same, you sat by the tree again but this time someone joined you. he didn't say a word, he just sat and ate his lunch while reading a book, the book seemed to be about dolphins and other sea mammals. you noticed him start to take notes in his own little book, you glanced at it and saw it was pretty similar to yours put together with writings and doodles about the ocean and it's sea life. you smiled to yourself and went back to your own book writing about your strange new companion.

the weeks that followed were more of the same, you enjoyed jotaros company and you presumed he enjoyed yours. there was occasional conversation between the two of you but not much, you found he was actually rather socially awkward and even more so than you. it was always you that had to start the conversation and carry it, today you decided upon something different.