give it time - abbacchio

another successful mission, planned and executed to perfection by giorno and bucciarati. the three of you and narancia were headed back to the mansion where mista, fugo and abbacchio were eagerly waiting for your return.

"excellent work today y/n." bucciarati said as he lightly rested his hand on your shoulder, you smiled nodding at his approval.

out of the corner of your eye you caught abbacchio roll his eyes and adjust his headphones. you never knew why, but since you joined passione abbacchio had never liked you, he always ignored you even when trying to be civil.

"thank you bucciarati, you and giorno really know how to operate" you chuckled as the pair of them exchanged a smile and went through to the lounge, you followed.

you never understood why he was so indifferent towards you. as a team you worked well but when it came to socialising he just wasn't gaging with you at all. the only member he seemed to really converse with was bucciarati, but even at that he'd still said words to the others and never you.

"y/n? hello earth to y/n!" you snapped out of your thoughts as your brain registered narancia was talking to you.

"w-what? sorry i was in my own head there." you replied before turning your attention to the boys.

"don't let abbacchio get you down, he's always like that ya know." narancia said as he gave you a sympathetic look, you shook your head.

"but he's not like that with any of you, why me? i know i've only been here a few months and he's not that talkative but at least he's friendly with you all." you sighed.

"just give it time." bucciarati said before telling everyone to head for bed as tomorrow there was a new mission.

as you lay in bed you thought about what bucciarati had said,

give it time

and that's exactly what you did.

- time skip -

it was coming up to a whole year since you'd joined passione, you'd become increasingly close with everyone, mista and narancia especially.

abbacchio was still giving you the cold shoulder but there had been some exchanges between the two of you which was progress.

"morning." he greeted you as you entered the dining hall, you smiled as you sat down in your chair.

"good morning!" you jeered to the group, they all said it back while abbacchio went back to his book.

"do you know it's almost a year since i met you all?" you beamed at mista as he was cleaning out his gun.

"wow really, a year? that's crazy." he chucked "we should throw a party or something!!" he said excited as he gripped your arm, you laughed and nodded.

"alright, maybe ask bucciarati first." he nodded and stood from the table heading to bruno's office.

you, fugo and narancia talked about the possibility of the party and how much fun it would be to relax some and let loose.

"oi fugo! we should fix up my stereo for the party!" narancia stood from his chair and started gyrating his body and flailing his arms in an attempt to dance as fugo grabbed him by the ear and dragged him away.

you and abbacchio let out short laughs at the same time and stared at each other for a moment, you could of sworn you saw the corner of his lips shoot up even for a second before his gaze fell back to his book.

your chest leaped at the thought of abbacchio smiling at you, was it finally happening? was he accepting you into the gang?

"so abbacchio..." you started, his eyes shot up to you and his eyebrow raised.