86. Suffering is the worst emotional reminder... It's a never-ending darkness.

Start from the beginning

- Being happy for one night... Is it worth it? Won't that make things harder? I question with a faint scoff while weakly shaking my head negatively and frowning scared. I see Kol weakly sighing before he brings both his hands to my face to cup it. He pushes a lock of my hair away from my eyes before softly rubbing his thumbs on my cheeks.

- I wish I could give you an eternal happiness where there will be no pain, no sadness, no enemies, no fear and no problems. Just the two of us with your uncle and your parents, sometimes my siblings, your friends and that's it, he tells me with a serious tone while weakly frowning with a slight sad frown. I crack a smile at him, appreciating his comment. I bring my hand to his cheek as well before leaning in, closing the gap with my lips connecting onto his. Kol answers to my kiss immediately, putting a slight harder pressure on them. I pull away from the kiss, letting my hand on his cheek.

- You already give me that happiness just by being here, Kol. I mean... Don't you remember that boy who fought to win my heart? Who made me fall for him little by little? Who was always there for me, even in my darkest moments even though he only knew me for a few hours? I ask him with a faint smile as I remind him those moments. Kol looks down nervously, his cheeks getting pink. I remember a boy who helped me, one night, to regain control of myself just by caressing my cheeks to sooth me. I remember a boy who caught me after I accidentally feel down the roof. And I remember a boy fighting with Kyle to win my heart and to protect me, I state, still smiling as I see the nervousness in his eyes and smile. I fell for you... But I guess I fell for you from the night I first saw you, when you came back from the dead, thanks to Damon and Elijah.

- I wanted you. I loved you from first sight. It sounds like a romantic movie, but it's the truth. Just with a single sight on you, I knew that I wanted to spend my life with you. You are my crush... I lightly chuckle to the red color of his cheeks and to his last comment. His crush... I like that! There's something special about you, Darling. Something that other women don't have and never will have.

- You know, you can admit that you fell for my incredible green eyes, I reply with a playful tone while laughing. Kol laughs along with me, amused.

- Of course, I did, he replies before putting his head in the crook of my neck. I chuckle and let mine falling into his neck as well. I let a small sigh out, feeling well in his arms. I feel safe, happy, fine... Like there's no problem anymore. I have to go, Darling, he whispers in my neck. I frown confused, but don't move away. And before you ask "where?", I am going to a store to get your dress for tonight, he says before pulling his head out of my neck.

- You're getting me a dress? I ask him with a happy smile.

- I am. Because tonight is your night, Beautiful. You'll be the Princess of the night, he tells me while nodding positively. I watch him smiling at me.

- So, I don't need to buy a dress? Kol shakes head negatively. Thanks, baby, I thank him, pecking his lips twice with a smile. But I don't know if I'll be home when you'll come back though. Care wants me to go with her at the shop, helping her for the "perfect" dress for tonight, I tell him while accentuating the word "perfect" as I weakly giggle. Kol rolls his eyes, slightly annoyed. Him and my best friend are still not the best of friends, and that since the death of those 12 witches in the woods...

- Well, it's okay. But once you'll see her, tell her she won't look as beautiful as you will, he tells me with a smirk which got me to laugh. I nod positively before kissing him one last time. Kol lays down on his back before he rolls us over, him being on top of me again as he deepens the kiss.

Bonnie's P.O.V.

I am walking alone through a cemetery, leading myself toward my friend's grave as I carry a bouquet of white flowers. I feel the need to go see him, to go give him my respect, to talk to him, to explain myself to him... I mean, he lost his life because of me, right? A part of his death is my fault, right? I slowly walk toward the grave I am looking for, feeling all those empty and dark emotions surrounding me. I hate cemeteries... I guess it is because my friends and I lost so many people in only two years... I just... It's choking. I come to a stop, standing in front of my friend's grave. "JEREMY GILBERT - BROTHER AND FRIEND"...