Chapter 1

Welcome to my story! I worked forever to finish this, so then I don't stop in the middle of the story. This is mainly posted because my friends wanted to read it. Enjoy! 

TW: Mainly just lots of yelling, self-deprecating thoughts.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Evan asked, spitting the words in my face.

"It means you should remember who your friends are," I spit back.

"I thought the only reason you talked to me was for your car insurance."

I glared at him taking a step forward, challenging him.

"So?"

"So! Maybe the only reason you talk to me, Jared, is because you have no other friends!"

"I! Could tell everyone! Everything!" I scream at him.

"Well you go ahead and you do that!" He screamed back taking a step forward. "Tell them how you pretended to be a kid who killed himself!"

I step back, having nothing else to say but yell curse words at him. I turn around not bother to look back.

"You say what you need to say," I mutter. "And you play who you need to play. And if somebody's in your way. Crush! Them and leave them behind! I guess since I'm not of use. You went ahead and you cut me loose. Go ahead, since I obviously don't mind!"

I storm into the classroom grabbing my stuff and leaving.

"Jared where are you going?!" The teacher shouted. I ignored her. I left school completely. I went into my truck and sat for a second.

What am I doing? Why am I doing this? I shouldn't be here right now. I look at the school and see Evan's face screaming at me.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why did I agree to this!? Why am I here as he lives the time of his life!? Jared do this! Jared do that! Jared, I need more emails! Well, you know what I can't do that anymore. Him and his stupid Connor Project! Thrown to the side like a useless paper bag!"

I grabbed my keys slamming them into the car and turn on the engine driving off-campus. I drive ranting to myself. How much I messed up my life. All because I decided to care for once in my miserable life! I didn't stop. Not for a long while. Finally, my energy ran out and I looked at the time. It's been about three hours and I have no idea where the heck I'm at. I sigh slamming my head on the steering wheel.

I stayed there for about ten minutes when I heard a tapping on the glass. I look up to see some random dude. Better not be a hitch-hiker. Rolling down the window I look at him.

"What do you want?" I ask bitterly.

"Are you stuck? I can help if you want," he asks.

"Nope, not stuck, just dead inside."

"Oh okay, well do you need any help? Like, are you out of gas or something?"

"No I'm not out of gas, I'm fine."

"Okay, you were just sitting out here for a while so I thought I might as well check on you."

"Were you like stalking me or something?"

"No, I just work over at the gas station over there and nobody comes, so I saw you drive over but not do anything. You just caught my eye."

"Alright, great, thanks for offering but I don't need help."

"Okay. Have a good day, sir."

"Yep, you too."

He walked away as I closed the window. I sigh and lean my head against the seat closing my eyes. I felt a soft buzz on my lap and looked at my phone seeing my mom's contact. Crap.