Chapter 20

Callisto Point of View

"I don't care, Theois. They can go to hell and I would still not blink in concern." I lashed out when I heard the names of the people I hate the most.

I stopped caring for anyone after what they did to me. They had nothing to do with me and will never have.

I glared at Theois who has been a family and raised me and my friends with required care and affection. If there is anyone who we respect a lot is Theois. To us, his word is final and we value it blindly.

That trust and love, he earned it!

But the only topic that should never be taken before me is what makes me get angry at him. He should stop talking about them to me. I hate every one of them and that will be the way forever. The more he mentions them, the more my hatred towards them increases.

"Alright." He sighed and left me alone for the time being. He knew how the topic can make my mood spoil and yet he reminds me about those monsters.

This has to end. Theois cannot pick up the forbidden topic every time. I need to make sure they do not come in to my life ever again. They have no right on me and no importance in my life.

The only important people in my life are who I am with right now. Even Cuckoo has more prominence in my life than those monsters. At least she is harmless to me. Her madness is tiring but she has an innocent heart and that is what is saving her from me.

"What is it Kevin?" I asked loudly when I heard a knock on my door. Kevin cleared his throat and walked in with bunch of papers and files that needs my attention. He placed them on my table and made me a cup of coffee with the coffee maker I have in my office room.

"Egor called, Mr. Mancini. He said he will be visiting you in an hour and asked you to be done with your work soon." I nodded my head and started reading the damn papers.

Freaking paperwork is a lot more tiresome than a physical work.

I noticed Kevin still standing before me with an awkward silence. "What is it, Kevin?" I asked him gruffly without taking my eyes from the papers I am reading.

Kevin never hesitates to talk to me then what is the matter that he is getting so nervous about?

"There are two things that happened today, sir. Both of them can be either good or bad depending upon your perception." I stopped what I was doing and leaned back in my chair, arching my bushy eyebrow to the hairline.

There are always things happening in my life, then why is he talking so strange? And the way he is looking at me nervously, it must be something very important.

"I'm listening." I said gesturing him to take a seat. Kevin can be very childish and hyper sometimes but he is a great PA. He knows how to work and in what way so I have high respect for his working style.

"Theois – " He started and took a sip of water from the glass on the table and cleared his throat while I continued to wonder what the matter is. "He hired Rae as your personal fame provider with his veto power." A series of unexpected coughs knocked my throat, blocking the air to pass through.

What

The

Hell?

"He did what?" I bellowed shooting up from my chair. I pulled the water glass from his hand and gulped it down in one go making the water to slip from my mouth and wet the collar of my jacket.

My Personal fame provider?

He is saying this as if she is providing me with internet connection!