Chapter 6

Callisto Point of View

What is a limit?

A limit is a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass.

That is the definition the whole world follows. But there is one... nah, two such girls who are redefining it to another level.

I had always heard many preachers say, sky is the limit. But Cuckoo is taking it quite seriously.

"Enough!" I exclaimed loudly when I felt the whiff of sour lemonade without any sweet added to it. The vitamin C made my mouth water but hang on, I am not going to drink it.

To hell with being patient and understanding.

This girl is taking this to whole new level of craziness and now she will face my wrath; the wrath that people pee in their pants.

"I will not drink it. What do you think about yourself? Are you – " I was cut off from my statements by the very brave Cuckoo pushing the mouth of the bottle into my mouth and washing all the sour content into my system with my permission.

She gripped my hand in a tight hold and shook the bottle to make sure that not a drop of it is unattended. I wanted to shake her away from me but damn the sour content made me weak in my knees. I though only passionate kiss can make me go weak in knees but I'm such an ignorant person.

Heavens, who knew something so sour, can be a great offence technique?

I shivered at the way the juice filled my mouth, travelled down the throat slowly and settled in my stomach with an awkward displacement.

"My Lord, you need to drink this more to control your anger." She suggested so kind heartedly that I almost puked. "See, you are now calm."

That was when I noticed that the room was extremely silent and so am I. She smiled at me looking so proud of herself and gave a thumbs up to Theois and Kevin. Both the audience smiled very gladly and returned her thumbs up with both their hands.

What is there to be proud, now?

Good Lord, I'm not calm because you pleased me with your offering. I'm silent because that darn cringing acidic liquid numbed my tongue.

"Are they Vietnamese lemons?" I asked her once the numbness lessened, which is after almost ten minutes.

"As expected from the Almighty. Who knew better than the one who created and protected them?" She said pressing her hands together before me in a gesture of 'Namaste'

Oh not only that. In the great moment of me completing the first official tradition, she sang a song for me which she made for me.

"Alright. Can I ask you something?" I said rubbing my head with my fingers. It's starting to ache again.

If stern Callisto is not working then a soft and devious is a right kind to handle her.

"Don't." I was stunned at her reply. I narrowed my eyes at her firm reply but the frown slipped and a smile overtook her face. "Don't ask for my permission to ask anything, My Lord. You have every right to order me and I will do it without a question." If it was the reply I hear from a girl who loves me, then I would just whisk her to an inhabited island, get married and stay away from the noisy world.

But here, we are talking about a ghost like person who can even possess and inhabited island.

"Albina dear, the auspicious time is running out. Don't we have to complete the tradition setting today itself?" Theois butted in clearly knowing what I was about to do.