18. Change of plans

Start from the beginning

"I think I love her", Steve blurted out before Hopper even began to speak.

Hopper raised an eyebrow at Steve. "Love....?"

"Jamie", Steve said quietly shifting his focus out the window.

"Hm. You just met her", Hopper said as he rolled his eyes.

"I know but... she's amazing. I got to know her at my house and like... I just feel like we were meant to be, ya know?"

Hopper kept a straight face as Steve talked. Steve got the hint that Hopper has already had enough of Mike and El constantly being together, but he and Jamie are more mature.

"Let me tell you something, Harrington", Hopper started as Steve rolled his eyes. "Jamie isn't like Nancy, she isn't like any ordinary girl at your school, kid. Mainly, because her daddy's got a gun and can cover a lot of shit up because he's the chief of police", he said as he stared at Steve who decided to look over at him.

"Here he goes with this chief of police bullshit", Steve thought to himself.

"Now, I personally don't think she's ready for a relationship. Especially not with all this shit that's going on right now. I also don't think she should be in public school just yet, but here we are."

Steve slowly nodded his head and half listened to Hoppers ranting.

Hopper took a deep breath and rubbed his hands through his hair. "It's just that she's...", Hopper paused as he thought of the correct word.

"different", Steve suggested.

"You have no idea, pal", Hopper mumbled as he reached into the backseat and grabbed the water bottle that he gave to Jamie eariler.

"Yeah? Well how different could she be? Try me", Steve said folding his arms and staring at Hopper as he finished the water.

"Drop it, Steve", Hopper mumbled and rolled his eyes while shaking his head.

"Try me"

"Drop it..."

"Try me", Steve pushed as he threw his arms up.

"I SAID DROP IT!", Hopper yelled as his phone started ringing.

Hopper rubbed his eyes with this thumb and middle finger as he answered the phone.

"Dad", El said before giving Hopper the chance to speak.

"Yeah", Hopper grunted.

"Where are you?", El asked with a bit of worry.

"Busy."

"Mom told me to call you because of Jamie."

"What's wrong?!", Hopper said as he sat up and put the car back in drive.

"There was like... blood on her legs by her panties."

"Blood? Like she's on her period?", Hopper asked confused.

"What's a period?", El asked as Joyce started shouting from the bathroom. "Oh, she said no. It's not her period."

Hopper heard Joyce shouting again in the background and rolled his eyes.