Old Friends, New Friends Part II

Start from the beginning

"Me?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

          "I was making duel runners with him", Hanako continued, "In fact, Crow's Blackbird was Rob's creation. He inherited it from Pearson around 3 years ago..."

"And you changed because of him?"

          "When you love someone, Jack, it's hard to stay the same, don't you think?"

"True!" Jack said proudly, but then got curious about this Pearson, "What happened to him, Baby?"

          "Just like Carly now..." She said whispering to herself, "He died..."

"I'm sorry, Baby..."

          "And unlike Carly", Hanako looked at Jack's eyes, "He won't come back if we defeat the Dark Signers..."

Jack saw how her eyes started sparkling but he didn't want to see her cry, so he tried to do something to move away from the subject, "I really wish I can ease your pain..."

          "It's OK!" Hanako smiled again, "At least now you know how I feel!"

"Hey, you know I wasn't-"

          "I know, Jack!" She giggled.

"Hey, Baby!" Seeing her smile like that, he decided to ask her more about her feelings for Pearson, "Were you ever able to..."

          "To what, Jack?" She crossed her hands assuming she knows what Jack will ask her next.

"Never mind!" He shook his head.

          "If you're wondering whether I still love him or not, the answer is simple!" Hanako approached Jack, so he looked at her trying to realise her intentions, "It's the same as duelling, Jack!" Hanako showed Jack a card she found on the ground before they started this conversation, "I'm sure you'll never forget that time you won your first duel!

"Sure!" Jack smiled when he saw his Red Dragon Archfiend in Hanako's hand, "I remember it like it was yesterday!"

          "See?" She smiled when Jack took his card from her hand, "It's the same with people you love... You may forget how it feels but you will never lose a memory of being with them!"

"Anyway..." Jack looked around, "Where are the others?"

          "Yusei is with Rua, Ruka, Crow and Ushio... They went to the Old Momentum, so that Yusei can fight Rudger", Hanako explained.

"Rudger, again?" Jack was confused, "Man, that guy never gives up!"

          "I guess..." Hanako shrugged, "Just like I came to look for you and for Miss Aki!"

"Then go find her! I'll be fine!"

          "Don't you want to go with me?"

"You go first; I'll catch up later!"

          "You sure?"

"I just want to be alone for a while", Jack said calmly, "Besides, I need to seal that tower!"

          "Sure, Jack", Hanako nodded, "I understand!" She turned around, jumped on her runner and drove away while Jack was making sure she leaves in time.

"Of course you do", he whispered to himself after he lost her from the sight, so he could think in peace about everything that happened...

*  *  *

          Hanako was driving around, trying to track any signals of Aki duelling when she found a car parked near the abandoned amusement park.