Chapter 10

"I swear I don't get sleep anymore..." Marinette yawned as she threw a few of her old photos into a box.

   Luka chuckled, grabbing a few of Marinette's fabric that she had in her office.
   It was quite the bitter feeling for the both of them to be back in the office that Marinette used to work under for Audrey Bourgeois.
    Since Marinette had returned from the United states, she had her heart set on starting a business of her own.
  She learned a few great business tactics from her parents who owned a successful bakery and she already had a model lined up
   Adrien agreed to be her front line model, and because he was already so popular, she was sure she wouldn't have trouble making a few sales.
   Both her parents and Adrien agreed that they'd help her invest monetarily with her business and Marinette couldn't have been more grateful. This would be another adventure after she got married.

    "Is it the new baby?" Luka asked, folding the pieces of fabric and placing them into the box carefully. "I hear newborns are up every often or so..."

  Marinette pressed her lips together, opening her desk and pulling out all of her pens and sketchbooks.
   "Don't even mention Emma..." the blunette breathed, placing her things into the box neatly.
   "It was super hard to allow Alya to babysit the kids. I dont know why, but I cant even leave them both out of my sight for more than ten minutes. I'm not sure what it is, but I have to keep them around me. Adrien teases me all the time by calling me a helicopter mom..."

   Luka snorted at Marinette's explanation, as he turned and then began to grab a few of her paintings off the wall and placed them towards the door so that they were ready to grab and store them into Luka's truck.
  "So if it's not the children; what's keeping you up?" He asked, standing up straight and stretching his back.

   Marinette glanced up at him with a grimace.
   "Well...its partly because of Adrien's family members....one in particular kind of makes me uncomfortable, but aside from all of that its planning the wedding.
  Whoever said that wedding planning was fun and easy should take a cheese grater to the nipple. Because that it complete bullshit..."

   Luka hummed, acknowledging Marinette's frustration. He grabbed Marinette's dress form dummies towards the door along with some boxes he had finished packing up.
   "Have you talked to Adrien about these things? I'm sure if he could help something he'd get right on it."

   Marinette subtly nodded, grabbing a box and carrying over to the pile of packed things by the door.
   "Yeah. I did talk to him about it..." she blushed, reaching up to rub her cheek. "Its funny. We're finally learning how to communicate. He told me he would go down there while I was packing to see if he could talk Felix out of coming to the wedding or at least talk to his father about the issues that's been going on."

    Luka stood up, wiping sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. His cheeks began to blush from the heat and he exhaled deeply.
   "I hope he could do something about it. Nino and Alya told me that Felix was kind of a creep. I didn't realise that it was bad enough to get him uninvited to probably the most anticipated wedding of Paris."

   Marinette rolled her eyes, reaching up to rub her temples as she had completely forgotten about the media.
  "Ugh... thanks for reminding me." Marinette muttered, turning around to return to her desk. She began to grab the photos of her family as well as the cute colored drawings Louis made her.
  "My children will be there. I have to talk to Adrien about hiring security. I had completely forgotten about how rabid the media could be. I need this event to be safe for my guests and for my children..." the lines under her eyes deepened as the stress only grew more tense.
  That was probably the only downside about marrying into the Agreste family.
Well, that and the possibility of having to be stuck with Felix every once and awhile now that he was family to her.