Chapter Twenty Two: Trust

Começar do início

"Hey, yuri!" We were about to get inside when he called my name suddenly. Nayeon and I stopped for a second and looked at him with anticipation in our eyes. It seems like he's about to say something.

"I'm happy to see you smile. Please smile more often."

---

"Yuri, can you move a little faster. Hangyul is already outside."

"Can you wait a minute. I'm done! Just making sure I'm not leaving my belongings, and you might want to check your stuff too!" I said as I handed nayeon her mobile phone. Well, she left it in the comfort room. Geez!

"Oh, sorry I forgot. Thanks!" I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're so excited to see your crush, huh?" I was teasing and nayeon raised her eyebrows to me. I can see that she's trying to compose herself, but, uh, hello? We've been friends since we were children. Does she really think she can hide from me?

"Crush, huh? I don't remember crushing anyone, yuri." See? Her cheeks are flaming red while she says she doesn't remember crushing on anyone. Who would believe it, right?

"Oh, really? So that's why you've saved a picture of hangyul on your phone, and his contact number is saved as a hangyulie with a heart emoji, and oh — let's not forget how you stuck a polaroid photo of him in your locker, and—"

"That's fine! But what's so special about it? You know, that guy's head over heels for you, yuri. Besides, I've got other crushes so that doesn't make him a big deal," she said. I noticed it all, and I'm just happy that although hangyul is for some sort, he likes me, nayeon and I are still good.

"I know how your mind goes, yuri. And believe me, we're never going to fight over a guy. We've been friends forever, and this kind of issue isn't going to get the best of us, you know."

We were shocked when we heard a loud peep from the outside which made nayeon and I burst out with a laugh. I'm so grateful to have a best friend like her, and words aren't enough to describe how thankful I am.

"Almost forgot he's already outside. Come on, let's go."

We both headed downstairs. Hangyul is inside his car, windows down, and he's smiling brightly at us. Oh, my God. I swear, Nayeon and he both deserve the best, and I'm thinking of putting them together right now ... or my inner cupid will be frustrated.

I hurried towards the backseat, leaving nayeon a choice to seat in the shotgun seat or with me in the back. Option two is not really an option though. As if I'm going to let that happen.

"Nayeon, go sit in the shotgun." I said, calmly. Of course, I got to remain lowkey and all.

"Really?" Nayeon asked, sarcastically. I know that she can sense what I'm up to and actually, I'm having fun!

At the end, nayeon took the shotgun seat. We buckled up and hangyul started driving. I don't even know where are we heading but this is much better than being stuck at home, overthinking.

And speaking of that...

I wonder... what is he up to? Is he doing fine? Is he okay? Does he... does he ever think of me? Since that night, I never heard of him. He never sent me any message, he never called me. Well, what do I expect, right?

It hasn't been a while since he told me that if it's real, it will never be over. But where he is right now?

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
and forget about the stupid little things.
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you,
and the memories I never can escape
'Coz I'm not fine at all.

"Great playlist, hangyul. But maybe we shouldn't listen to that." Nayeon whispered before she skipped the song. Indeed, nice song but listening to that won't make me feel better.