Chapter 3 : Show Me What You've Got

The next day Dr. Philip had already swum successfully to safety to a riverbank and stole a canoe, then canoed into the forest, after he reached the waterside he walked deep into the forest and built a simple trench since he was from the military he knew how to survive into the forest. The police and Katherine’s men were all looking for him now, Apollo and his squad went to the town nearby that river to ask questions about the whereabouts of the man they were looking for. Dr. Philip had his credit card with him, he borrowed a car and went to the city and parked the car somewhere safe, then went near Ben’s school disguising himself as a different person and waited for the end of school hours. After the time reached he saw Ben and Haggai together, as usual, leaving the school. He knew the police might have been following Ben so he wouldn't take the risk to talk to him directly, he waited for the bus as they did and sat behind Ben's seat and whispered to him and told him to keep quiet and calm, he told him he was doing fine and there are some people who want him dead but he doesn’t know who and why and he was going to find out, he told him not to worry about him, then he took his credit card from his pocket and gave it to Ben and told him to use some money while he’s taking care of that mess and give some cash to Haggai to bring it to him because they won’t suspect him at all and told Haggai where they would meet. After that Philip dropped off the bus and went to the place where he would meet up with Haggai.
Benjamin withdrew the money from the ATM and gave some money to Haggai to bring to his father since the police won’t likely be following him. Dr. Philip called Ben’s phone and told him that he’ll meet up with him at the park, Ben went to the park and police followed him after listening to their conversation through the phone, and they waited for Dr. Philip to arrive but he never came and Ben knew the game they played with his dad to draw the attention of the police so that Haggai can have the time to take the money to Dr. Philip. After Philip got the money he went shopping and bought everything he needed for his survival in that forest and knew that if some people wanted him dead he would have to defend himself. After he returned the car he borrowed and paid the money, he went back to the forest and repaired his trench as that in the military and began training hard for what was coming for him, that night after his training he organized everything in order in his trench and went to sleep. The next day he wore his hood jacket and went out jogging passing by the nearer town, he stopped at the shop to buy some water and while waiting to be given his remaining money, Apollo came to the shop to buy some cigarettes. Philip turned back to continue with jogging Apollo recognized his face a little and told him to halt and turn around, when Philip was turning around Apollo recognized his face fully now and remembered him from the bridge. Philip remembered Apollo’s face as well and started running, Apollo whistled to signal his men to capture Philip, there were five of Apollo’s men.
They chased him around the town and one of those men grabbed Philip’s jacket and Philip turned with an elbow straight between the eyes of that man and added with a jumping knee to the nose, while he was done with that man the remaining four men had already surrounded him. Apollo was watching from far the whole action trying to learn some things about Dr. Philip. One of those men tried to throw a punch but Philip countered and grabbed his arm and dragged him to the ground and went with a running knee to the face to the one standing near him, Philip was executing his moves very fast.  He tried to run again but one man grabbed his jacket again and pulled him to the ground and tried to stomp him, but Philip rolled away and kip-up then delivering a beautiful spinning heel kick right on the button and continued bringing down those other men who got up, after he was done with them all, he looked at Apollo and signaled him that he was next and he ran into the bushes of the forest disappearing in the process. Apollo went on to check his men if they were ok, in his mind Apollo was still thinking what kind of doctor can fight and be very agile and impressive as how Dr. Philip was during the battle and so he called a friend and asked for some more men. He told his men they were waiting for some other recruits to join them so that they can hunt him down in the forest and capture him.
The police got the news from the forensic scientist that the cause for the explosion of the oil truck was from the removal of the battery from the vehicle while it was still running when the truck got the accident someone pulled out the battery from its spot.
Then he continued telling the police "the risk of damaging the electrical systems if the electrical systems have been designed in a way that doesn't permit battery removal from a running engine is so great and the damage it will cause is so costly. Removing a battery from a running vehicle that is not designed to permit this will force the alternator to send a high voltage spike through the vehicle's electrical systems, the voltage spike caused by the removal will blow many of the vehicles systems such as the engine control computers, audio circuits and the like so due to the leakage of the oil spills, I think this is where the explosion began”. After getting the information from the scientist, the detectives thanked the forensic scientist’s work and were now focused on finding the people who removed the battery from the truck.
After school hours, Paul returned home and waited for his mother to come back from work. When she came back he waited for her to settle so that she can talk to him. He went to her with tears subsiding on his face and never-ending hiccups telling his mother that he misses his father so much and that he wants to get justice for his father. His mother told him not to worry about that because she's got all of it taken cared of as they were speaking at that moment and she’s hunting that man down. When she catch him, he’ll be there when they execute him.