Goodbye [Kageyama Tobio]

Mulai dari awal

———

"Who do you think my soulmate would be?" You asked out of them blue one day, during recess with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. You stared down on your wrist and started to ponder, not bothering with the fact that you didn't bring anything with you to eat nor buying anything. "Who knows?" Tsukishima said, picking up a piece of chicken from his bento.

You sighed and continued staring at the two boys. Yamaguchi took notice and asked," (y/n)-chan, where's your lunch?" You shrugged, you didn't really have an answer for that you simply were too lazy to make your own and bring it to school, resulting in you starving yourself —if you could say that, you weren't even hungry. The topic of your lunch seemed to die off as they ate while you watched.

"It says that I have about two more years before I meet them..." you started as the two boys stared at you. "Do you think it's possible that one's soulmate could be someone they've already met or heard about but never spoke to?" You asked, you didn't expect an answer it was more of a rhetorical question than anything. Tsukishima jibed in with a surprised expression and said," Theoretically, yes. The timer only counts down until the time the two of you would talk to each other, not see each other for the first time."

"But then if their soulmate was mute... then how?" Yamaguchi asked. Tsukishima simply shrugged and went off continuing his meal.

Both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi had found their soulmates during their first years, how would anyone even like Tsukki was a conspiracy in its own. You were a little envious when Yamaguchi came back and told you that the two of them found their soulmates while they were off during summer break by you were also glad they were happy, though none of their soulmates were in this school so they tend to not bother about it.

The day continued as usual but you were still pondering about your little theory about the soulmate system. Two more years felt so long, a lot can be done in those years, one of you could die and the timer would just stop leaving their significant other confused and depressed.

During Maths, Yamaguchi took notice of your little antics and asked if you were fine to which you simply said you were thinking. 'But thinking about what?' The freckled teen wondered. The thought didn't last long as the teacher scolded Yamaguchi and you for talking in class. You had to apologise to him after Maths for acting odd.

During volleyball practice, Yamaguchi decided to have a talk with Tsukishima about you, you were definitely acting odd today and you seemed so out of it, was it because of the soulmate talk the three of you had? Were you jealous that your friends found their soulmates but you didn't? Thoughts circulated the freckled boy's head as he voiced out his worries to his bespectacled friend.

Tsukishima sighed and told Yamaguchi, "It's fine, (y/n)-chan is like that, she's probably just worried she would never find her soulmate." Yamaguchi took a deep breath and agreed with Tsukki as they continued on with their practice.

Kageyama was yelling at Hinata about how he had delayed his jump and that it made his spikes a little of, resulting in being blocked and so on when he took notice of the two other first years seemingly having a conversation during practice. To his surprise, he saw that Tsukishima looked a bit worried ? Sure Yamaguchi looking worried was normal but the seemingly snarky and salty blonde? It was as if the world had been flipped upside down or that Kageyama was having a fever dream. Before he was able to walk over and ask what the ordeal was, Hinata decided to hit him with a volleyball on accident while he was trying to do a serve just as the two other first years decided to continue their practice. Kageyama turned around to face his dumbass ass friend and gave him a scolding he was sure Hinata would etch it i to his memory. This resulted in the raven haired boy to forget all about what Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were talking about.